[Ncabs] Newsline Local Phone Number Issue

Gary H. Ray ghraynfbofnc at charter.net
Fri Mar 6 21:43:46 UTC 2009

Who was it that said "Beware the Ides of March?"  They must have had us here
in NC in mind.

Today, March 6, I was notified that on March 15, all local access numbers in
4 of our area codes will stop working.  Folks will need to use the Toll Free
number for future calls until further notice.  That Toll Free Number is  888
882 1629.  The affected area codes are:

North Carolina: 4
252 North Carolina
336 North Carolina
828 North Carolina
919 North Carolina

If looks like all of the area codes in NC are affected excepted for 910.

The way you will know you are in a affected area is that, on March 15, when
you try to call Newsline, you will get a message saying "Service not
available."  If you get this message, call 888 882 1629.

Yeah, yeah, I know this is a pain!  But, we will just keep on trucking.
Just call the Toll Free number, 888 882 1629, and keep on using Newsline.

Gary Ray
President
NFB of NC