[Ncabs] May conference call!

Cindy Bennett passionflower505 at yahoo.com
Fri May 8 22:17:52 UTC 2009

I hope that those of you in college survived finals! Our monthly conference call is fast aproaching. It will be Tuesday May 12 at 9:00 P.M. The call in number and access code are at the end of this message.

We will be talking about fund raising at the state convention in September, and i am looking for some interested people who want to help NCABS put together a couple of grant applications.

We will spend some time on each call discussing a philosophy question. This month we will focus on this: How do you feel about services you receive because you are blind, for example, SSI, state funded college, or even simple things such as discounts at the theatre because you are blind, or people allowing you to cut in line because you are blind? Under what circumstances do you accept extra help, and how to you decline help when you do not feel that it is necissary?

I look forward to hearing from all of you on Tuesday night! If you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to email me or to call me at 828.989.5383.

call in number: 712.432.3900
access code: 3866158

Cindy Bennett
President: NC Association of Blind Students