[Ncabs] participation in a braille study

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 23:40:06 UTC 2009

I got this from one of the blindness related list serves I am on.

Frances D’Andrea is a doctoral candidate at the University of
Pittsburg, and she needs several people between the ages of 16 and 22
who are proficient in Braille for a study on how they use Braille in
school as in hard copies and through assistive technology. She needs
several more subjects, and the survey will be distributed in December.

A consent form is attached; it must be filled out and returned in
order to take part in the study, however, if you are interested but
under 18, you must email Frances so that she can send you a separate
consent form.

I would encourage you to participate, and/or for you to pass this
along to Braille readers that you know, because as we all know,
Braille is not taught nearly as much as it should be, and any studies
about its true usefulness can only help the tragedy of blind students
not learning Braille.

Her email is fmd22 at pitt.edu

Thanks

Cindy Bennett