[Ncabs] pedestrian safety enhancement act passes through the house!

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 20:10:47 UTC 2010

I just wanted to quickly update you all. On the call Monday I
mentioned that the act had passed through the senate and was in the
house. It has now passed through the house which is really exciting!
This issue was introduced at the 2008 Washington seminar which is the
first seminar I attended, so it is especially exciting for me and
other seminar goers and active advocates to see this come to fruition.
In my opinion, victories like this are what makes our effort worth it.
Usually, it takes much longer for issues to pass, but reminders like
these are great representations of what being involved can do.

Here is an article from the Detroit News that I found. It does a
really good job explaining what the act entails.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20101216/AUTO01/12160445/1361/Congress-set-to-require-sounds-from--quiet--cars

--
Cindy Bennett
uNC Wilmington Psychology major