[Ncabs] NCABS June update!

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 16:57:32 UTC 2010

I hope all of your summers are going well!

Due to the fact that during each Monday in June more than 1 of our
officers will be gone, we have decided to not do a call.

We will resume with our conference calls Monday july 14 at 9:30 P.M. I
will send out a reminder closer to the date, but definitely make plans
to attend, because Abigail Lanier, 1 of our students, recently
finished training at Guiding Eyes, and will share about her experience
getting a guide dog. So, if you have been thinking about getting a
dog, are just interested, or if you already have 1, definitely join
us!

Students attending any college next year, there is still time to turn
in your NFB of NC scholarship! A link to the application can be found
at www.ncabs.org.

Be thinking of whether you want to attend our state convention Friday
September 10-Sunday September 12. We would love to represent the blind
students in NC with as many as possible, and the more students who
attend, the cheaper the rooms will be, because we can get 4 of us in 1
room. It is in Berlington, and if you plan to run for any board
position, your presence is necessary, but even if you aren't,
attending a state convention is a good way to introduce yourself to
the many other aspects of the NFB, and information about many
resources will be available to you during convention.

If you are going to Dallas, convention details including a schedule
can be found at www.nfb.org. Even if you can't make it, looking at the
schedule will give you a good idea of what a typical national
convention is like.

Cindy Bennett
1st VP: NC Association of Blind Students