[Ncabs] Ncabs November Meeting Minutes

Cala Estes cala.estes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 03:52:37 UTC 2010

North Carolina association of Blind Students
November Conference Call
begin time: 9:37 pm.  End-time: 10:40 PM

members present
Justin Salisbury: president
Sean Mealin: treasurer
Cala Estes: secretary
Preston Johnson: Vice President
Garry Ray
Sharon Newton
Julious Loclier
Cindy Bennett
Brice Smith

Julious reported on the state NFB news.
They went through their secretary and treasury report, talked about
legislation, and formed some committees.
We discussed the possible consequences of a merger of the state
agencies such as DSB.

Sean gave our Treasurery report.
With fund raising activities, our third quarter revenue was 145 dollars.

Preston gave his report
the Food donation request is proceeding.
At Wake Tech on November 15th, Preston will be taking preorders for
Crispy Cream doughnuts.

Crispy Cream report
Tickets cost 6 dollars to buy. A dozen original glazed doughnuts costs
7:50 in the store.
After Preston's sale on the 15th, we'll decide how many tickets to buy.

Cindy's committee report
Lucy Radford will attend our January call to talk about legislation
and speaking with Congress members.
She talked a bit about the Washington Seminar; events, room rates, and
possible attendees.

membership committee
jewel is working on gathering contact info on the different schools to
spread the word about Ncabs.

Our next meeting will be held on Monday, December 13th