[Ncabs] Support and Vote for college transition summer retreat

Alan A. Chase achase11 at nc.rr.com
Fri Dec 2 03:57:18 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I'm asking for a few moments of your time each day for the next 30 days!
The Governor Morehead School Alumni Association is once again hosting the
Envisioning Youth Empowerment Retreat for students with visual impairments
(our 4th year!).

Our program this year focuses on college transition for
students who are visually impaired. We have applied for a Pepsi Refresh
grant to fund the project. In the past, we've averaged about 30
participants each summer and they come from as far away as Delaware to
North Carolina for the program.

You can help by voting for our project on the Pepesi Refresh website and
passing the voting information on to your friends, family, and coworkers.
You are allowed to* vote everyday*. The projects with the most votes will
recieve the fundng.

You can vote two ways:

1. Via Facebook: Go to http://pep.si/u7kjwI. Click on the "vote" in the
upper right corner and it will prompt you to log in through your facebook
account. If you don't want to use your facebook account, you must create a
Pepsi Refresh account.

2. Via Text message: Send a text message to 73774 and put 110175 in the
body of the message to vote.

It is important that you vote everyday! Don't forget to pass the
information on to your friends, coworkers, and family.

Otherwise, if you are interested in the program applications will be
available after January 1st, 2012.  We will be in need of group leaders, participants, volunteers, and others!

Thanks for your help!

Alan A. Chase
EYE Retreat Coordinator

--
Alan A. Chase, B.S.
Cross Categorical Resource Teacher, Wake County Public School System