[Ncabs] NCABS May conference Call Meeting Minutes

Cala Estes cala.estes at gmail.com
Tue May 10 02:40:27 UTC 2011

North Carolina Association of Blind Students
May Conference Call

Start time; 9:40 PM. End time:

Members Present
Justin Salisbury: President
Preston Johnson: Vice President
Cala Estes: Secretary
Sean Mealin: Treasurer
Gary Ray
Chris Barrett
Justin Thornton
Cindy Bennett
Sharon Newton
Darian Smith

We talked first about the NCABS summer event. Preston brought up the
Durham bulls game, a group outing and fund raiser all in one. August
4th is the date of the outing. Tickets are $9 a piece. The game starts
at 7:00 pm. Tickets must be sold within one week of the game. We will
have a meeting space at the game itself, and plans are being made to
have a time to discuss the games of baseball and beepball during that
time.

We next moved to state convension. We plan to have a movie night with
descriptive videos. This is probably going to be on Friday night. The
convension is the weekend of September 11th.

We continued on to the legislation about murging the Department of
Survices for the blind with the departments of deaf and hearing
impaired, and vocational rehabilitation. Cindy gave us the details of
the issue.

Our next meeting will be on Monday, June 13th at 9:30 PM.