[Ncabs] Intro

Alan A. Chase achase11 at nc.rr.com
Sun Nov 27 02:13:01 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm honored to be the new treasurer of NCABS.  I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to you.

I wear many hats.  I'm a special education teacher for Wake County Schools by day and a graduate student at NC State University by evening.  At night and on weekends, I work with the Governor Morehead School Alumni Association and the NC Association for the Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired to plan educational opportunities and advocate for things in NC.  In the near future, I'll either be a law student or doctoral student, depending on many independent variables.

I'm excited about this opportunity to work with NCABS.  I've had several opportunities to provide fiscal management in the past.  The most notable was my work to establish and maintain a scholarship for students with disabilities at UNC Pembroke.  During my time at UNCP, the scholarship fund grew to nearly $6,000.00.   I've also managed nearly $10,000.00 in grant money and donations for the annual youth event sponsored by Governor Morehead School Alumni Association.

I look foward to a great year and getting to know all of you better!  If you have questions, please let me know.

Alan

P.S. If you're interested in serving as a group leader for the Envisioning Youth Empowerment Retreat during the summer of 2012 the applications should be available in the coming weeks.  If not, applications for participants will be out sometime in January.  Our focus this year will be finalized soon, but I anticipate a lot of college transition related activities to be included this time!

--
Alan A. Chase, B.S.
Cross Categorical Resource Teacher, Wake County Public School System