[Ncabs] U Improving U Seminar in Georgia

Salisbury, Justin Mark SALISBURYJ08 at students.ecu.edu
Sat Apr 7 12:23:29 UTC 2012

NCABS members and leaders:

On the next conference call (Monday), we will be discussing the extent of our involvement in planning and carrying out the U Improving U student leadership workshop in Georgia, which is tentatively scheduled for the last weekend in August.  It is a regional event, and LaKeisha Holmes, President of the Georgia Association of Blind Students, who you all may remember from our seminar in March, is in charge of planning it.

We're looking at having it on the Georgia Tech campus in Atlanta.  They wish to have committees for different parts of the work: arranging facilities, public relations, arranging transportation, fundraising, and programming.

This is close to our state convention, and I want our state convention to be our top priority; however, this U Improving U seminar is not outside our frontier for engagement.

Please be thinking about your willingness to contribute to this event in addition to our state convention (which will fall 2 weeks after it) so that we're all ready to discuss it on the next call.

Thanks, all,

Justin

Justin M. Salisbury
Undergraduate Student
The Honors College
East Carolina University
salisburyj08 at students.ecu.edu

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”    —MARGARET MEAD