[Ncabs] April 2012 Conference Call Minutes

Currin, Kevin kwcurrin at live.unc.edu
Tue Apr 10 02:49:46 UTC 2012

Hey Everyone,

Here are the minutes for the call:
Attendence
Gary Ray (NFB President)
Justin Salisbury (NCABS President)
Kevin Currin (Secretary)
Sharon Newton
Alan Chase (Treasurer)

Meeting called to order at 9:38 pm.

Seminar Turnout
Find out why participation was so low.
Find out why people left early.
We should reconsider the type of events that we offer at the seminar.
Need to determine if we want to do seminar with super conference next year.

State Convention
We would like to get good participation for the state convention. Alan suggested developing a survey to see what people may want to be offered at the ststate convention. Sharon suggested asking other states about participation to their seminars and conventions. Justin said that he would email the NABS Presidents list serve. Justin suggested calling people directly to ask them what they would like to have offered at the state convention.

National Convention
We may be able to sponsor some people to go to the national convention. Kevin suggested setting aside maybe a max of $1000 for sponsorships, but probably less. Alan suggested still having sponsorships for national convention, but also having sponsorships for people who want to go to state convention for less than the full weekend. Alan suggested $1000 total ($200 for 4 people for national convention and have $200 for state convention).

Meeting Adjourned at 10:47 pm.

Thanks,

Kevin