[Ncabs] November 12, Conference Call

Veronica Puente brl3517 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 05:09:18 UTC 2012

November 12,  Conference Call. Star time 9:35 P.m.  ending time 10:41 P.M.
President  Alan chase
First vice President  Kevin Currin,
Second vice President  Bobbi Pompey
Secretary Veronica Puente Bevonte
Griffin Lynch
Lauren siegel
Sharen Newton

First. President Report Still working on  mentor program, Alan is
seeking for help from different  organisations  like the NFB of
Parents organization, and vi Organisation.
Second. Kevin has come out with the idea of having a seminar   to
teach sighted people how to treat and act around blind individuals.
Third Treasure Report, Was giving by Alan chase. We  currently have
2373 dollars.
Fourth We talked about the Washington DC Seminar. This is the Student
Seminar  is Nationally and is  going to take place on Febuary Monday 4
 to Thursday 7   2013.
Fifth We as a group have decided to have two Student Seminars. One is
going to be in Wilmington, at the campus of  UNCWilmington.
Alan is going to talk to the University about the seminar. He will
give us the days on the  next meeting. We also decided to have another
one at Greensboro. At the campus of North Carolina Agricultural and
technical State University. Bobbi is going to talk to the University
about the seminar and give us the days on the  next meeting.
Sixth. All of the members who were at this meeting are going to help
to organize the Student Seminars.
Seventh. After reviewing the form for the Mentor Program we noticed
that we mmust include the parents as well. Alan is going to go
backover the documents and include a part for the parents to sign and
be part of the program.
Thank  so much to everyone who came to the meeting tonight! For those
who did not made it we hope to see you next month! Have a wonderful
Thanksgiveing with your family and those you love!