[Ncabs] Braille Monitor

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Sat Sep 1 16:29:37 UTC 2012

 Gary Ray of North Carolina said, "Last year at this time North Carolina had a number of tremendous governmental and legislative reverses.  Our school for the blind was going to be closed; NEWSLINE® funding was in jeopardy; the governor had issued executive orders to merge our VR agency into a super agency and had put one of our critical committees on a hit list. In North Carolina we have run the table since then. The Governor Morehead School has been unclosed; NEWSLINE has been funded for another year; the legislature blocked the merger of our VR agency, and the legislature has blocked the dissolution of the Consumer and Advocacy Advisory Committee for the Blind." These victories briefly halted the roll
call with applause from the convention and the drawing of a door prize.

Justin M. Salisbury
B.A. in Mathematics
Class of 2012
East Carolina University
president at alumni.ecu.edu

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”    —MARGARET MEAD