[Ncabs] Google Accessibility

Brice Smith brice.smith319 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 17:17:32 UTC 2013

Hi,

I don't understand why you must print these documents and scan them
yourself. Can't you just ocr them? There are many programs that can
identify the text of pdf files that your screen reader can't read. If
you don't have a program on your computer to do this, you can even use
abbyy Finereader to recognise the text by simply using their website.
Unless documents are hand scanned or the quality of the scan is so
poor that it can't be ocred which rarely happens, inaccessible pdfs
are rarely inaccessible at all with just a little work.

Brice