[Ncabs] Conference Call Follow-up, Thanks for the NC love!

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 01:25:34 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I was super excited and delighted that so many North Carolinians
called into the NABS Membership call on Getting to That training
Center. I am verifying notes on the call with our Guest, Al, but I
will get them to this list in a couple of days.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any follow-up
questions or if you have no idea what this message is about but if you
are intrigued and want to know more.

I also encourage you to join the National version of the list, NABS-L.
There, you will have access to many more blind students and therefore,
much more information. You can join and drop NFB mailing lists at
www.nfbnet.org. So join the NABS list and check out some of the other
lists the NFB offers while you're at it.

Thanks again, and I love watching your updates and seeing your
incredible progress! I remember people in 2007, and for a few years
after that, pull Brice and I aside  and tell us how the first student
division attempt had failed in NC in the '70's or so and they would
often laughingly wish us luck. Well, it is clear to me that NCABS
isn't going anywhere, and I am proud to say that I am from NC and got
to play a part in NCABS becoming what it is today.

--
Cindy Bennett
Secretary: National Association of Blind Students

B.A. Psychology, UNC Wilmington
clb5590 at gmail.com