[Ncabs] FW: Nat' Rehab Assn's WASHINGTON WIRE: BREAKING NEWS: Commissioner Janet LaBreck Confirmed to the next Commissioner of RSA

Gary Ray ghraynfbofnc at charter.net
Sun Aug 4 10:40:01 UTC 2013

NC Federationists:

We have been getting so much bad news from the national level lately!  I
thought it would be nice to send around some good news.  This lady will do a
great job.

Best!

Gary Ray

The National Rehabilitation Association is pleased to advise you that former
Commissioner of the Blind in the great State of Massachusetts, The Honorable
Janet LaBreck, was confirmed last night by the full U.S. Senate to be the
next Commissioner of the Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA).

Commissioner LaBreck will be keynoting the Opening Session at NRA's 2013
Training Conference which is being held at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott in
Brooklyn, New York, which begins on August 18-20.  We understand
Commissioner LaBreck will be present for most of the Conference, which may
include the Pre-Sessions which occur on Saturday, August 17.

On behalf of NRA's 2013 President, David Beach, our incoming 2014 President,
Ellen Sokolowski, and our Board of Directors, congratulations, Commissioner
LaBreck.