[Ncabs] NC Association of Blind Students December Conference Call Minutes

Daria Bannerman daria.bannerman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 01:53:29 UTC 2013

Hi,

		My name was misspelled. It's D-a-r-i-a.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ncabs [mailto:ncabs-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Travis Sherrill
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 2:56 PM
To: ncabs at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Ncabs] NC Association of Blind Students December Conference Call
Minutes

All:

Below you will find the minutes for the December monthly conference call.
Make your plans now, our January call will take place on Monday, January 13,
at 9:30 p.m.  For those of you still in exams, good luck.  For those of you
who have finished, congratulations.  Have a wonderful holiday break and we
look forward to coming back together after the new year.

Thanks

Travis Sherrill

Ncabs December conference call

Attendance

Alan Chase

Bobbi Pompey

Travis Sherrill

Darius

Devonte

Tyler

Monique

A motion was done to approve the minutes and the motion carried.

On Monday, December 9, the North Carolina Association of Blind Students
(NCABS) held the monthly conference call.  One thing that is big on the
agenda is the Washington Seminar that is coming up at the end of January.
Alan made it known that if you want to go to Washington Seminar, you cannot
book your hotel; you have to email the lady who's name was sent out on the
list serve a few weeks ago absolutely no later than December 22.  This
deadline will not be extended under any circumstances.  NCABS has set aside
$100 for Washington Seminar.  As of now, five people from NCABS are
interested in going to Washington Seminar.  It was determined that $100 was
not enough money set aside for this event.  We decided that we would set
aside $200 for Washington Seminar.  The money would be split equally among
the attendees.  The money would be awarded via a debit card and would be
given prior to going to Washington Seminar.

The Students United for Purpose (SUP) seminar will be held on January 25 on
the campus of the University of North Carolina.  It will start at 11 a.m.
and will end around 3 p.m.  Tyler, the SUP committee chair mentioned that
four students and two parents (six people) are committed to come to the
seminar.

The NCABS bank account has not grown or shrunk since our last meeting.  We
have not done any fundraisers and have had no transactions.

Finally, the call concluded with Bobbi giving a wonderful philosophy
discussion on what was better, the blind rehabilitation centers or public
schools.