[Ncabs] Art Design Contest

Alan A. Chase aachase1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 21:16:28 UTC 2013

All,

The North Carolina Association of Blind Students announces an art contest
open to all blind and visually impaired students in North Carolina to
design us a logo.

Research shows that a common goal and mission brings organizations and
groups of people together.  One way to represent these ideals is through
written mission statements, which we already have.  However, NCABS lacks a
symbol or logo to unite us all.

The Process:

1.  Any blind or visually impaired student in North Carolina may submit any
entry.
2.  Deadlines are as follows:  High School Students Friday, April 5, 2013.
Elementary Students Friday, May 31, 2013.
3.  Designs will be displayed at our two Student Seminars.  Attendees of
the seminars will have the opportunity to vote on the best designs.  The
top three from each seminar will be displayed at State Convention in
Fayetteville this September and a final design will be voted on by the
NCABS members at that time.
4.  Designs can be submitted via email to ncabs.seminar at gmail.com.  Or
mailed to Alan Chase 1217 Manassas Court Unit C Raleigh, NC 27609.
5.  Designs should be consistent with the NCABS mission statement, which
can be found on our website at www.ncabs.org.

Questions can be directed to Alan Chase, NCABS President, at
aachase1 at gmail.com or 910-612-2220.

--
*Alan A. Chase, M.Ed.*
Occupational Course of Study Teacher, New Hanover County Schools