[Ncabs] conference call minutes for March 11 2013

Veronica Puente brl3517 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 03:27:58 UTC 2013

Hello everyone! Thanks to everyone who came to our meeting tonight. We
hope to see all of you again in our April one. For those who are in
Spring break enjoy!
Conference Call for March 11, Starting time 9:50 P.M. Ending time 10:20 P.M.

Attendance
Alan Chase (President)
Kevin Currin (Vice-President)
Gary Ray (president of NFB of NC)
 Bobbi (Second VicePresident)
Veronica Puente (Secretary)
  Daria
 Davante
Sharen Newton

First: President's Report  Alan is in Greensboro right now and along
with Bobbi he is working on getting a spotfor the Student Seminar in
Greensboro. We should have a day by tomorrow but for sure no later
then the end of this week.
Second: 1st Vice President Report (Kevin) Guiding Eyes for the Blind
is going to come to our student seminar. Still wating to hear from
others.
Third: 2nd Vice President Report (Bobbi) Bobbi is working with Alan
this week to make sure that we get a spot in North Carolina
Agricultural and technical State University.

Fourth: Youth Slam, this program is for High School students. It will
most likely be around the last week of July. The NFB is helping two
high school students with money to go. If you know of someone who
might want to go please email  Sharen Newton at
sharon_newton at bellsouth.net
Fifth: National convention
A.  July 1 - 6 in Orlando.
B.  Rooms are $79.00 per night.
C.  Registration is $25
 The NCABS has agreed to help with 600 dollars for the students who
might want to go. If you do please let us know as soon as possible.
Sixth: Scholarship reminder the NFB of NC is giving out a scholarship
to any North Carolina blind or VI student going to college in the
fall. To get the application go to our website at www.ncabs.org or to
the NFB of NC site at www.nfbofnc.org good luck!
Seventh: EYE Retreat About 20 students have already applied and there
are only 10 spots left. If you would like to go or know of anyone who
would please contact Alan Chase at  aachase1 at gmail.com
Eight: Current issues discussion
 Daria is going to graduat  this May!  This is an extra thing that I
should had talked about in the meeting under the secretary report
sorry that I did not. We got this email and if you could help Kathy
that would be great! Here is a copy of her email. Thanks and sorry
again.
 Kathy at snow-companies.com)

Message:
I am a medical anthropologist and working on a project on non-24 hour
disease.  Do you have any members are NLP who suffer from this sleep
disorder?  If so would it be possible for you to share my email
address and my phone number with them ? My number is 757-206-1356 and
my personal cell is 757-871-1014.  Thank you so very much.
Ninth: Adjourn