[Ncabs] Fw: [Nfb-legislative-directors] 75 Years of the Fair Labor Standards Act and People with Disabilities Have No Reason to Celebrate

sharon_newton sharon_newton at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 15 19:48:29 UTC 2013

Hello everyone!

Please read the very interesting blog below concerning clause 14(c) of the FLSA and hence  H.R. 831 in the House and reauthorization of the WIA in the Senate (concerning Title V, Section 511 and language which would move RSA from the Department of Education to the Department of Labor).  Let us use this anniversary date to redouble our efforts to educate and persuade our representatives to co-sponsor H.R. 831 and our senators to vote "no" on WIA or sponsor or co-sponsor an amendment that would remove Section 511 from this act and keep RSA in the Department of Education.

I thank each of you for your time and energy expended on these important issues.  We can literally make history and change the quality of life for disabled people for many decades to come when we achieve success on these issues.

Sincerely,

Sharon Newton
Legislative Director - NC
Congressional issues