[Ncabs] Proposed 13-14 budget

Alan A. Chase aachase1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 06:41:44 UTC 2013

All,

Below please find the proposed 2013-2014 NCABS budget.  Read it very
carefully.  Here is a brief summary and please note that I've rounded
numbers just to make things easier to follow.

1.  We currently have about $1,300.00.  I propose we reserve about 20%
for savings and unforeseen situations.
2.  I used the state rate (50 cents per mile) for reimbursement for
travel and food expenses to calculate estimates for travel related
expenses.  I calculated numbers assuming that NCABS would supplement
at a rate of about 20-25%.
3.  National Convention is a much more costly expense because of its
distance and duration of time.
4.  I propose we provide a little more funding for SUP and state
convention because these are NCABS directly related activities that we
should support out members in accessing.
5.  We simply don't have funds to pay 100% of expenses for people so
we need to do a better job of seeking out support from NFB of NC or
our local chapters in addition to other sources (Lions Club, etc).  I
can't foresee how fundraising will go this year so keep in mind that
the budget can change and the membership can always approve other
expenses.

Proposed Budget 2013-2014

SUP Seminars:

Travel:  $200.00 ($50 per seminar)

Food:  $100.00 ($25 per seminar)

Washington Seminar:

Travel:  $100.00

National Convention: $300.00

State Convention:

Room rental:  $200.00

Travel:  $75.00

Committees:

Social:  $50

Scholarship:  $50

Communications:  $50

Fundraising: $50

Total:  $950.00

Reserves:  $350.00

--
Alan A. Chase, M.Ed.
Special Education Teacher, Wake County Public School System