[Ncabs] Fw: [Nfb-legislative-directors] Mid day #FixWIA Update

sharon_newton sharon_newton at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 26 18:10:16 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone!

I've tweeted our senators, and I am sure your have, too.  We need more tweets to get North
Carolina in the top list.  We can do this.  The outcome of WIA affects us all!  Students,
this especially affects your future.  Do not think this cannot or won't ever affect you.
It can, and it does.  It is a very tough employment marker out there, and it will continue
to be so for years to come.  Real jobs for real pay are still hard to come by for many,
many people.   Having a visual impairment makes it even harder.  The national unemployment
rate is around 7%, for blind people it is over 70%.

It would be a HUGE step backward to link subminimum wage placement to case outcome, and
section 511 would do this.  We must remove this language from WIA before it is voted on by
the Senate.

Thanks to everyone!

Sharon Newton

Here is an update on tweets for #FixWIA.