[Ncabs] Dorothea Dix Festival Invite

Alan A. Chase aachase1 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 12:34:57 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I wanted to invite each of you on a trip to attend the Dorothea Dix
Festival in Raleigh scheduled for Saturday, July 23 hosted by the City of
Raleigh.  The EYE Retreat plans to host a field trip so that our
participants can attend the festival from 4pm to 7pm.  We will be leaving
from the GMS campus from the basement of Crockett Peeler building at 4pm.
We plan to walk over to the festival.

This is important as I want to have a presence at the event so that the
broader community as well as city officials understand the importance of
ensuring the new destination park is accessible to all, including those
with visual impairments. Also, my hope is that collaborations between GMS
and the City of Raleigh through the easement they will have will allow
improvements to the school's campus.

Again, we'd love to have you join us.  Pass the word.  We want all members
of the blind community to attend with us!

*Alan A. Chase, Ed.S.*
Exceptional Children Program Facilitator, Durham Public Schools
President & Director, Envisioning Youth Empowerment Retreat