[Nd-talk] NFB of ND Convention 2013

Milton Ota mota1252 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 13:06:50 UTC 2013

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND

OF NORTH DAKOTA

31ST ANNUAL CONVENTION

Web:  <http://www.nfbnd.org/> http://www.nfbnd.org/

When: FRIDAY & SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 13 & 14, 2013

Where: BEST WESTERN FARGO DOUBLEWOOD INN

          3333 13TH AVENUE, S.

          FARGO, ND 58103

Phone: (701) 235-3333

The National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota invites you to attend
the 31st Annual Convention to be held the weekend of September 13 & 14.

We will be offering a FREE 2 hour question and answer session on using your
iPhone on Friday, from 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM. Please call Caroline Congdon to
reserve your time at (701) 850-5076 or Amber Kraft at (701) 390-3482

Then, on Saturday, we will begin the day with Registration at 8:00 with the
Call to Order at 9:00 AM and adjourn at 3:00 PM. An exciting program is
being planned with speakers, demonstrations, a  report from our National
Representative Ever Lee Hairston member of the NFB Board of Directors, our
"first timers" to the national convention and a report from a student who
attended the STEM X summer program of the Jernigan Institute, lunch and door
prizes.

Cost for registration is $5.00 and lunch is $20.00 Payment for registration
and the Luncheon can be made at the door either in cash (correct change is
preferred) or check made payable to the NFB of North Dakota.

Please call Charlene by Monday, September 2nd to indicate your attendance
and indicate if you will be staying for the Saturday luncheon.

We are also planning an optional item, Saturday Night at the Movies at a
theater in Fargo where  descriptive video service will be available. You
will be responsible for paying your own admition.

If interested, reservations can be made at the Doublewood. Room rates are:
Room rate on Thursday $112.99 on Friday and Saturday $114.99. For those on
official government business, there is a discount for you.

For questions call President Duane Iverson, (701) 281-1374 or E-mail him at
<mailto:diverson at midco.net> diverson at midco.net

* * *

The National Federation of the Blind is the oldest and largest organization
of blind people with over 50,000 members in all 50 states, the district of
Columbia and Porto Rico.