[Nd-talk] FW: Accessibility Resources and Scholarships for Visually Impaired Students

Milton Ota mota1252 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 23:54:06 UTC 2015

From: Kevin Decker [mailto:kdecker at onlinecolleges.net]
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2015 2:52 PM
To: there <webmaster at nfbnd.org>
Subject: Accessibility Resources and Scholarships for Visually Impaired
Students

Hi there,

Students with visual impairments face a unique set of challenges
transitioning to college life, from accessing materials to finding a social
scene. While Student Services offices can be a great help, we wanted to
provide a central source of information and resources for visually impaired
college students, completely free of charge. It's available here:
http://www.onlinecolleges.net/for-students/college-accessibility-visually-im
paired-students/

I encourage you to review the guide and consider adding a link to your site.

Our resource addresses visually impaired students' most common concerns,
including:

*	How to take advantage of school resources and legal rights as a
student with a disability
*	A hand-selected list of scholarships available only to blind and
visually impaired students
*	Suggested assistive technologies for students with visual
impairments

At OnlineColleges.net, we strive to make our site accessible to all visitors
by, among other best practices, creating a clear site structure and
navigation, using differentiated title and text styles and sizes, and
separating stylistic elements from site copy to make the site compatible
with assistive technologies.

Please help us reach as many students as possible by adding a link to our
guide on your site. Let me know how you plan to share this resource, or if
you have any questions. We welcome all feedback.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Kevin Decker
Director of Outreach

kdecker at onlinecolleges.net <mailto:kdecker at onlinecolleges.net>  |
<http://www.onlinecolleges.net/> OnlineColleges.net
202-367-9383
PO Box 52755
Houston, TX 77052

About OnlineColleges.net: With a focus on emerging trends and developments
in online education, OnlineColleges.net has been informing prospective
students since 2009. OnlineColleges.net provides free student guides and
college search information, along with expert advice from Melissa Venable,
PhD, an experienced online instructor and thought leader.

If you do not want to receive emails from us in the future, please reply to
this message with "Remove" in the subject line.