[Nd-talk] FW: [State-affiliate-leadership-list] Survey from Rice University

Milton Ota mota1252 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 00:16:06 UTC 2016

From: State-Affiliate-Leadership-List [mailto:state-affiliate-leadership-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Norma Crosby via State-Affiliate-Leadership-List
Sent: Monday, December 5, 2016 9:46 AM
To: NFBTX Member List <member at nfbtx.org>; State Affiliate Leadership List <state-affiliate-leadership-list at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Norma Crosby <ncrosby at nfbtx.org>
Subject: [State-affiliate-leadership-list] Survey from Rice University

Hello everyone,

Team SEER, a senior design team at Rice University, is working on a device to assist people with visual impairment. Their device detects blood in urine and then speaks the test results out loud. They have developed a survey to determine what features the potential users of such a device might like to see included. They have asked the NFB of Texas to share their survey with our members and anyone else who might benefit from the availability of such a device. They are using Google Forms for the survey, and we have generally found those to be accessible. So, I am sharing the link in hopes that we can help them as they attempt to make a tool that we can use. The survey link is below. Feel free to share this with other blind and low vision people who might wish to take the survey.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe4gWeHdphC2dSLK2_zr7MxUaOYy6zFtywkRrH9RicPXF0j9w/viewform

 <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe4gWeHdphC2dSLK2_zr7MxUaOYy6zFtywkRrH9RicPXF0j9w/viewform>

Best regards,

Norma Crosby, President

National Federation of the Blind of Texas

1600 E Highway 6, Suite 215

Alvin, TX  77511

(281) 968-7733 (Main Office)

(281) 809-4860 (Fax)