[Nd-talk] Tidbit News

Milton Ota mota1252 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 20:35:53 UTC 2017

DON'T FORGET ...

We will not be meeting at the usual first Saturday of the month for our
monthly meeting at the Raddison Towers in downtown Fargo on July 1. Instead
we will be holding a teleconference meeting on Monday, July 17 following my
return from the national convention in Orlando, Florida. Time is set for
6:30 PM and the call in number is (712) (832-8300 followed by the room ID
9381122# The meeting should last around one hour.

FACEBOOK and TWITTER

If you were not aware, we have a Facebook page, a Facebook Group and a
Twitter presence. To find the Facebook group and page do a search for
"National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota and click the Like and
Follow buttons.

For Twitter do a search for the hash tag NFB_ND. Again, click on the follow
and like buttons.

The National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota also runs a listserv
which is a mailing list with announcements that might be of interest to a
general audiance. to join the listserv send a message to:

nd-talk-request at nfbnet.org and in the subject field put the word subscribe.

This is a low traffic list with no comercial advertisements. Advertisements
are not allowed on the list and will be blocked or immediately removed.

And lastly, we have a homepage at the following:

http://nfbnd.org/

The homepage is updated fairly regularly with links to our fundraising page
with Schwan Foods, information on our upcoming convention in September,
Braille Monitor, Presidential Releases, Nations Blind podcast and other bits
and pieces. Check it out! Bookmark it with your browser and visit it
regularly.

2nd NFBNJ Technology Division seminar call, June 29th with Anil Lewis

>From the desk of NFBNJ President Joe Ruffalo.

Received from Jane Degenshein, President, NJ Technology Division.

After our successful first national tech division seminar conference call in
March with Scott White with NFB-NEWSLINER and KNFB Reader,Many   requests
came via email for more of these educational  opportunities.

The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey's technology division is
proud to announce our second installment: An evening with Anil Lewis,
Executive Director, National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute. We
will feature the educational programs and projects directed by Anil,
discussion pertaining to the Independence Market, the upcoming STEM (Science
Technology, Engineering, and Math) summer event, the International Braille
and Technology Center, the Jacobus tenBroek Library and much more.

Join us on Thursday, June 29 at 8 PM Eastern, 7 PM Central, 6 PM Mountain,
and 5 PM Pacific.

Dial: 1 515 604 9570

Code: 612068 Pound

If you have any specific questions for Anil Lewis, kindly email Janie
Degenshein at:

jdegen16 at comcast.net

and put tech div seminar in the subject line.

To learn how to listen to previous seminar calls, please visit
www.nfbnj.org/technology-seminars.

Looking forward to a powerful and rewarding seminar with you!

Keep Smiling,

Janie Degenshein

"How to Keep Your Facebook Group Active and Engaged

Jesse Shirek sent the following URL on "How to Keep Your Facebook Group
Active and Engaged".

http://neilpatel.com/blog/facebook-group-marketing/

BEST POEM IN THE WORLD

I was shocked, confused, bewildered

As I entered Heaven's door,

Not by the beauty of it all,

Nor the lights or its decor.

But it was the folks in Heaven

Who made me sputter and gasp--

The thieves, the liars, the sinners,

The alcoholics and the trash.

There stood the kid from seventh grade

Who swiped my lunch money twice.

Next to him was my old neighbor

Who never said anything nice.

Bob, who I always thought

Was rotting away in hell,

Was sitting pretty on cloud nine,

Looking incredibly well.

I nudged Jesus, 'What's the deal?

I would love to hear Your take.

How'd all these sinners get up here?

God must've made a mistake.

'And why is everyone so quiet,

So somber - give me a clue.'

'Hush, child,' He said,

'they're all in shock.

No one thought they'd be seeing you.'

JUDGE NOT!!

Remember...Just going to church doesn't make you a

Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.

Every saint has a PAST...

Every sinner has a FUTURE!

Hope you enjoyed this brief news tidbit. Please feel free to pass it along
to others that may be interested in learning about the National Federation
of the Blind of North Dakota.

Sincerely,

Milton Ota, President

National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota

Web: http://nfbnd.org/

909 8th St., S.

Fargo, ND 58103-2723

Cell: (701) 731-0511