[Nd-talk] NFB of North Dakota News

Milton Ota mota1252 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 03:10:54 UTC 2017

NFB of North Dakota News

Hello Fellow Friends and Fellow Federationist:

We are going to be moving in a whole new direction beginning with this
months regular teleconferenfce meeting. We will be holding an "in-Person"
Face-to-Face meeting on Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 12-Noon. Place: the
Fryn' Pan at 300 Main Avenue in Fargo. The meeting will last about 2-hours.
All are invited to attend!

For those who are unable to make it to the Fryn' Pan we will open the
teleconference line for you to join us for the meeting.

This will be the monthly meeting--the 2nd Saturday of the month and the
monthly teleconference meetings will be now considered the Board of
Directors meeting to be held every other month. There may be an occasion to
call an emergency teleconference meeting as things develop.

The phone number for the monthly meetings via the teleconference line and
the Board of Directors meeting will still be the same. Call (712) 832-8300
and enter 9381122# and identify yourself once you have join the conference.
Please then mute your phone after roll call and introductions so that your
background noise will not be heard by those at the restaurant. To mute your
phone use *6, this is a toggle so pressing it again will unmute you.

* * *

Mark your calendars as the date for our 2017 NFB of North Dakota convention
has been set. The dates are Friday and Saturday, September 15-16. The
convention will be held at the Baymont Inn and suite, 3333 13th Avenue,
South, Fargo, Nd. We have blocked rooms at the hotel from Thursday through
Saturday at the cost of around $90.00 per-night plus applicable taxes. You
can reserve your room now and get the special room rate by mentioning that
you arewith the NFB of North Dakota. You will be responsible for to make
your own room reservations by calling (701) 235-3333.

On Friday, we are going to hold a Mini-Tech Expo featuring various tech
products that we use to make our lives more independent. In the evening we
are planning to have a social with a movie.

On Saturday, March 16 will be the convention program with the annual
business meeting before the close of the day.

Should you have any questions regarding these two item, please give me a
call at (701) 731-0511, and if I don't answer, please leave a message and
I'll call you back.

* * *

2017 National Convention

The 2017 National Convention of the National Federation of the Blind will be
held during the week of July 10-15 in Orlando, florida. If you have never
been to the National convention, its not too late to apply for a
first-timers scholarship. Deadline to apply is March 31, 2017 and you need
to contact me if you are interested.

* * *

Social Media Campaign and Membership Drive

During the month of March, we will be running a social media campaign to
increase membership. Our goal is to encourage new members to join by sharing
the stories of how the NFB changes lives. As affiliate and chapter
presidents, we need your leadership to make this campaign a success. First,
we ask that you share your story, and encourage your members to share
theirs, on social media (Facebook, Twitter, or Integral) using
#WhyImAFederationist. Tell us what the NFB means to you or how the NFB has
helped you. Second, we are asking that each chapter set a goal for
themselves of bringing on at least one new member by March 31.

 Finally, we want to welcome new members into the Federation family. To this
end, we ask that you fill out the  new member form
<https://nfb.org/new-member-form>. If applicable, please also include the
new member's Twitter handle. If you have any questions, please contact me at
seller at nfb.org <mailto:seller at nfb.org> or (410) 659-9314, extension 2423.

Best,
Stephanie Eller
Coordinator of Strategic Partnerships
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, 2423 |

* * *

Social Media

The National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota has a Facebook and
Twitter presence. On Facebook you can find us as a group under the title of
National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota.

On Twitter you can reach us at #NFB_ND

Please "like" and "Follow" us on either of these Social Media services to
keep up with Federation news.

During the Month of March you can share "WhyimaFederationist" stories
sharing the life you live.

If you didn't know, we also have a website and you can find it at
http://nfbnd.org/

The website is updated regularly with links to the Braille Monitor,
Presidential Release, Future Reflections (a quarterly publication for
parents of blind children), the Nations Blind Podcast, and the You Tube
channel Nations Blind at http://youtube.com/

Check the website regularly for these updates and other exciting
information.

You can also join ND-Talk if you are not already subscribed, a listserv that
distributes e-mail message right to your Inbox. You can subscribe to the
listserv by sending a message to nd-talk-request at nfbnet.org and in the
subject field put the word "subscribe" without the quote marks. A second
message will be received after the list moderator approves your request to
join the list and you will need to confirm that you do want to be apart of
the list. This list is a list with very low traffic and there are no SPAMS
or advertising allowed unless it is approved.

* * *

Schwan-Care Foods Fundraiser

Our first year of the Schwan Care Foods campaign has ended and we want to
thank all who have purchased Schwan products and designating the NFB of
North Dakota as your charitable orginazation. As a result of this type of
fundraising we raised around $1,000.00.

We have started a whole new campaign beginning on March 1, 2017 and ending
on april 15, 2017. Our goal is to raise $1,500.00 in the next 45-days. We
can use your help by designating your orders from Schwan following the
instructions below.

If you have never ordered from Schwan Foods, it is very easy and you'll
enjoy the wide choices of selection of frozen foods delivered right to your
door.

Through Schwans-Cares.com, you can order from Schwan's Home

Delivery and help our organization meet its fundraising goal. Here are ways
you can help:

* Invite friends and family to shop at Schwan's

* Earn 20% on SchwansR product sales

* Earn 40% on eGift Cards sales (limit 1 per customer, per campaign)

Here are two ways to support us! ORDER ONLINE by going to:

https://www.schwans-cares.com/c/31609 "> Click "Shop to Give", Select team
member, if applicable, Start shopping!

ORDER BY PHONE: Call 1-855-870-7208 and provide Campaign ID: 31609  and Team
Member ID, if applicable.

To advance opportunities and education for the blind in North Dakota

Schwan Foods may not be available in all parts of the United States.

Thank you in advance for your support.

* * *

Sincerely,

Milton Ota, President

National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota

Web: http://nfbnd.org/

909 8th St., S.

Fargo, ND 58103-2723

Cell: (701) 731-0511