[Nd-talk] FW: Holman Prize Committee Selects Finalists

Milton Ota mota1252 at gmail.com
Sun May 28 19:43:57 UTC 2017

From: Peggy Chong [mailto:peggychong at earthlink.net]
Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2017 1:35 PM
To: Chong Peggy <peggychong at earthlink.net>
Subject: Holman Prize Committee Selects Finalists

Hello to All:

This week I received an email that began like this;

On behalf of the Lighthouse for the Blind in San Francisco and our entire
Holman Team, we are thrilled to announce that you have been chosen for
consideration in the final round of the inaugural Holman Prize.
Congratulations! We were highly impressed with the thoughtfulness, clarity
and energy that you brought to your project proposal.

As one of only eleven finalists, you have already demonstrated your ability
to dream, plan and put into motion something truly ambitious. "

To be one of the eleven finalists is an honor in and of itself.  I am hoping
to be able to let you all know next month that "The Blind History Lady"  has
won!  When I can make that announcement, I will be off and running on a very
ambitious schedule to gather information from around the country and bring
to life many more new adventures of our blind ancestors.

Until then, I continue  my research here at home.  There are several stories
that I have, yet to be finished and brought to publication  at
www.smashwords.com.  There you will find several of my stories of blind
ancestors in great detail already published.

I continue working on my magazine articles.  The June issue of the Braille
Monitor will have an article on blind actors of the past.  I hope you will
all check it out at https://nfb.org/braille-monitor.  Dialogue will also
have in its next issue coming out shortly, an article on the four blind
judges of Silver Bow County, Montana.  That article will go further into
detail about the men and the community.  Those of you who subscribe to
Dialogue will have it shortly.

I want to thank all of you who have provided me with support during the
Holman Prize process.  It was greatly appreciated.

Peggy Chong

The Blind History Lady