[Nd-talk] FW: NDSB Foundation Grant

Sherry Shirek sherrybeth7 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 00:58:02 UTC 2017

Greetings,
Please see grant announcement below from Candy Lien from a ND blind topics discussion list.
Sherry Shirek
Secretary – Social Events Committee Chair
National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota
Website www.nfbnd.org
Voice/text 701-781-3055
Email sherrybeth7 at gmail.com

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back
Begin forwarded message:

The North Dakota School for the Blind Foundation announces a grant program, designed to help meet the educational needs of students and adults with visual impairments. Ten or more grants, each one ranging from $25 up to $500, will be awarded to Infant through Grade 12 students.  Two or more grants, each ranging from $25 up to $500.00 will be awarded to adults with visual impairments.

Parents, teachers, vision consultants, principals of students with visual impairments, and adults who are visually impaired are encouraged to submit proposals. Please use the attached two-page application form. Deadline for submitting proposals is January 26, 2018. Awards will be announced approximately March 30, 2018.