[Nd-talk] NEWSWIRE Vol. 2, No. 20

Milton Ota mota1252 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 00:53:01 UTC 2018

NEWSWIRE

National Federation of the Blind of

North Dakota

Vol. 2, No. 20

National Convention

The agenda/program of the upcoming National Federation of the Blind 2018
Convention is now available online on the Convention page of the national
website at:

https://nfb.org/convention

Also found on the convention page is the restaurants in the hotel and their
menus.

For those attending the convention you may want to check out the Exhibit
Hall Announcements where you will find a listing of the affiliates,
divisions and vendors who have submitted information on what they will be
selling in their booth in the Exhibit Hall. The link can be found on the
Convention Page.

This year we will have what I think is the largest group of members who have
identified that they will be sitting in the North Dakota delegation. We have
with myself a total of 6 of us.

NFB Annual Report

The National Office has release the 2017 Annual Report on the status and
accomplishments of the past year. Its available in various formats and you
can find it at:

https://nfb.org/annual-report <http://www.nfb.org/annual-report>

You are encouraged to share this report with anyone who is interested in
reading this report.

Blindness Statistics  National Federation of the Blind

A while back I received the announcement of a web page call "Blindness
Statistics" which I checked out to see if information has been updated and
I'm please to say that it has. You can find it at:

https://nfb.org/blindness-statistics

Meeting Schedule

At the moment there is no meeting planned for the month of July as I and few
others will be attending the National Convention of the National Federation
of the Blind in Orlando, florida from July 3 thru 8. Should there be a need
to hold a July meeting it will probably be by phone only and an announcement
will be sent out ahead of time so that you can set aside the time for our
meeting.

We will plan for a meeting in August on the second Friday with a time and
place to be announced as well.

In September I hope that all of you who are reading this will be in
attendance at our 2018 State Convention on Friday and Saturday, September 7
and 8. The Friday will be an all-day meeting for a Leadership Training that
is only open to members in good standing or indicate that they would like to
become a member and get their $5.00 to the Treasurer Jesse Shirek. If you
need is address and/or phone number, please call me at (701) 731-0511.

The Saturday, September is open to anyone and we will have speakers from the
ND Talkingbook Library in Bismarck, someone from the Division of Vocational
Rehabilitation, the Superintendant from the ND School for the Blind in Grand
Forks, and of course our National Representative. There will be other things
that will be thrown into the program along with door prizes.

And, if you are a member of the NFB of North Dakota we would appreciate it
very much if you would donate a door prize or two with no less than a $10.00
value.

That is all I have for now as this is probably the last NEWSWIRE until I
return from Orlando, Florida and I'll have the announcement of where our
2019 Convention will be held.

Should you need to reach me, my contact is below.

Milton Ota, President

National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota

Web: http://nfbnd.org/

909 8th St., S.

Fargo, ND 58103-2723

Cell: (701) 731-0511

E-mail: mota1252 at gmail.com

THE NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND KNOWS THAT BLINDNESS IS NOT THE
CHARACTERISTIC THAT DEFINES YOU OR YOUR FUTURE. EVERY DAY WE RAISE THE
EXPECTATIONS

OF BLIND PEOPLE, BECAUSE LOW EXPECTATIONS CREATE OBSTACLES BETWEEN BLIND
PEOPLE AND OUR DREAMS. YOU CAN LIVE THE LIFE YOU WANT; BLINDNESS IS NOT WHAT
HOLDS

YOU BACK. THE NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND IS NOT AN ORGANIZATION
SPEAKING FOR THE BLIND--IT IS THE BLIND SPEAKING FOR OURSELVES.

With Love, Hope and Determination, We Turn Dreams Into Reality.

Together We Change What It Means to Be Blind.