[Nd-talk] 2019 NFB National Scholarship

Milton Ota mota1252 at samobile.net
Fri Nov 2 19:47:49 UTC 2018

Every year, we award more than $120,000 to blind scholars across the
United States and Puerto Rico in recognition of their achievements and
professional
aspirations.

Thanks to our generous partners, there are
thirty merit-based scholarships currently available, ranging from
$3,000 to $12,000. All scholarships are awarded based on academic
excellence, community
service, and leadership.

The finalists are announced every spring. They attend our national
convention in July when the winners of each individual scholarship are
selected.

Winners have gone on to succeed in careers ranging from computer
science and engineering to civil rights law and international diplomacy.

Application Information

Deadline

For the 2019 awards, application materials will be available beginning
November 1, 2018 and will be due by midnight Eastern Time on March 31,
2019 (either
submitted online or postmarked).

Eligibility Requirements

The following requirements apply to all applicants:

list of 4 items
1. Must be legally blind (PDF) in both eyes.
2. Must be residing in the United States, the District of Columbia, or
Puerto Rico.
3. Must be pursuing or planning to pursue a full-time, post-secondary
course of study in a degree program at a U.S. institution in the fall
of the year
of application (one scholarship may be given to a person employed
full-time while attending school part-time).
4. Must participate in the entire NFB national convention and in all of
its scheduled scholarship program activities (finalists will receive assistance
to attend the national convention).
list end

How to Apply
list of 2 items
1. Confirm your eligibility by confirming you are legally blind (PDF)
in both eyes.
2. Apply online or through the mail.
list of 2 items nesting level 1
• Online Scholarship Application Form
https://nfb.org/civicrm/scholarships/login
 (please note that if a PDF file will not upload to the online form,
you can attach it to an email and send it to
scholarships at nfb.org )
• Print Scholarship Application Form (coming soon)
list end nesting level 1

If you have any questions, you can contact Milton Ota, President of the
National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota at (701) 731-0511 or
by e-mail mota1252 at gmail.com

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS AS IT WILL NOT GET ANSWERED.