[Nd-talk] First local NFB meeting on Saturday, April 13 at 1:30 PM

jesseshirek at gmail.com jesseshirek at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 21:25:31 UTC 2019

Greetings Federation family and friends,

We will be holding our first local meeting on Saturday, April 13 at 1:30 PM
in the Farcho Room main level at the Fargo Main Library located in downtown
Fargo. The address and contact information for the library is:

Main Library
102 3rd Street North
Fargo, ND 58102
 <tel:701-241-1472> 701.241.1472

We are not an official chapter and we are waiting for approval of our
Constitution. We are all eager to start planning events in the local
community. I have been asked by the group to run our meeting and Sherry
Shirek will fill the role of Secretary. We are planning for an exciting
meeting and hope you will be able to make it in person or by phone. We
welcome all current members and nonmembers who are interested in what the
National Federation of the Blind is and what we do to "Live the life we
want!" We also are welcoming anyone to join us from outside of the Red River
Valley. Please contact me if you are interested in calling into the meeting,
so we can make arrangements for the phone call.

We will talk about what the Federation is and discuss what we have to offer
each other, we will tell some stories about how we were inspired to become
members of the NFB and I am sure that we will share some laughs. I have
heard a rumor there may be some sweet treats and feel free to bring a
snack/beverage. Also there is a coffee shop on site.

We will have the option to walk to a downtown restaurant following the
meeting to share a meal, please feel free to join us.

I hope you will be able to be at the meeting and help us to build the
Federation in the Red River Valley!

On behalf of the charter members of the Red River Valley Chapter of the
National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota.

Sincerely,

Jesse Shirek

Vice President, Treasurer and Membership Chairperson

National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota

jesseshirek at gmail.com <mailto:jesseshirek at gmail.com>  | 701-781-2526

Web | Viset NFBND.org <http://www.nfbnd.org/>

Facebook | Like NFBND on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/NationalFederationoftheBlindofNorthDakota/>

With love, hope, and determination we transform dreams into reality.