[ND-Talk] NFB of ND Member and Past President Passes Away Peacefully

mota1252 at gmail.com mota1252 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 12:09:36 UTC 2019

To All:

I write this with a very heavy heart as I received the following news via
Facebook and a friend sending text messages.

Prayers for the Iverson family:

Duane collapsed on Monday evening  from a major cardiac arrest and when they
got him to the hospital there we as no neurologic activity.  So they flew
him to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN.  They put him in a medical coma
because he kept having frontal lobe seizures and they feared there would be
brain damage. They started to bring him out last night but they waited to
completely bring him out till after Jonathan (his son) got there last night.
After bringing him out of the coma the neurologist told them this morning
that there wasn't any brain activity and is still seizing from the frontal
lobe (which is what controls your personality and cognitive functions). They
decided to take him off life support to pass naturally. After they took him
off the support he was  breathing on his own and his heart was  beating in
its own.  They told them it can take a couple hours or a few days. They then
had the intubation tube removed and let him pass peacefully and without
pain. He passed away at 2:20 this afternoon. (July 17, 2019)

Sad but know that he is the kingdom

Funeral arrangements have not been announced and when I hear more I will
post them here.

Milton Ota, President

National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota

Web: https://nfbnd.org/

4273 Coventry Dr., S., Unit E

Fargo, ND 58104-4498

(701) 731-0511 (Cell)