[ND-Talk] FW: [New post] Access to Twitter Shortcut Keys Returns Thanks to Collaboration Between Freedom Scientific and Mainstream Software Companies

mota1252 at gmail.com mota1252 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 21:57:20 UTC 2019

From: Freedom Scientific Blog <donotreply at wordpress.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2019 3:53 PM
To: mota1252 at gmail.com
Subject: [New post] Access to Twitter Shortcut Keys Returns Thanks to Collaboration Between Freedom Scientific and Mainstream Software Companies

Elizabeth Whitaker posted: " During July 2019, we received several Tech Support calls and feedback from our Beta team alerting us that something had recently changed while using www.Twitter.com with JAWS. Twitter, like Facebook, offers their own shortcut keys to help interact with t"

New post on Freedom Scientific Blog

 <https://blog.freedomscientific.com/?author=10>

 <https://blog.freedomscientific.com/access-to-twitter-shortcut-keys-returns-thanks-to-collaboration-between-freedom-scientific-and-mainstream-software-companies/> Access to Twitter Shortcut Keys Returns Thanks to Collaboration Between Freedom Scientific and Mainstream Software Companies

by  <https://blog.freedomscientific.com/?author=10> Elizabeth Whitaker

During July 2019, we received several Tech Support calls and
feedback from our Beta team alerting us that something had recently changed while
using  <http://www.Twitter.com> www.Twitter.com with JAWS. Twitter, like Facebook, offers their own
shortcut keys to help interact with their pages. For example, on Twitter, you
can press the letter J to jump to the next tweet, R to reply to a
message, N to create a new tweet, etc.

These commands work on the Twitter page without the need to
bypass the same keystrokes that are normally used to perform JAWS Quick Key
functions on pages. Recently, however, a change occurred that caused them to
stop functioning correctly.

We reached out to Twitter and offered our history of
assisting Facebook and other companies with similar matters along with helpful
resources they could use. They responded almost immediately, and subsequently
had a fix for us to test with them in a few days. Once the markup that allows
their shortcut keys to perform functions specific to Twitter was back in place
on their page, the fix was rolled out to the public and the shortcut keys now work
again as before.

This is an example of the progress made when Access
Technology and larger IT companies can identify an issue and work together to
solve it in a timely fashion. Want to know more about how great communication
and collaboration come together to enhance the overall user experience? Keep
checking our blog for future posts where we’ll share how we’re continuing to work
with mainstream companies to improve your access.

 <https://blog.freedomscientific.com/?author=10> Elizabeth Whitaker | September 15, 2019 at 4:52 pm | Categories:  <https://blog.freedomscientific.com/?taxonomy=category&term=fusion> Fusion,  <https://blog.freedomscientific.com/?taxonomy=category&term=information> information,  <https://blog.freedomscientific.com/?taxonomy=category&term=jaws> JAWS,  <https://blog.freedomscientific.com/?taxonomy=category&term=training> Training | URL:  <https://wp.me/p94NCs-7D> https://wp.me/p94NCs-7D

 <https://blog.freedomscientific.com/access-to-twitter-shortcut-keys-returns-thanks-to-collaboration-between-freedom-scientific-and-mainstream-software-companies/#respond> Comment

    <https://blog.freedomscientific.com/access-to-twitter-shortcut-keys-returns-thanks-to-collaboration-between-freedom-scientific-and-mainstream-software-companies/#comments> See all comments

Unsubscribe to no longer receive posts from Freedom Scientific Blog.
Change your email settings at Manage Subscriptions.

 <https://blog.freedomscientific.com/access-to-twitter-shortcut-keys-returns-thanks-to-collaboration-between-freedom-scientific-and-mainstream-software-companies/> https://blog.freedomscientific.com/access-to-twitter-shortcut-keys-returns-thanks-to-collaboration-between-freedom-scientific-and-mainstream-software-companies/