[ND-Talk] Legislative Alert! We need your voices

Sherry Shirek sherrybeth7 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 16:35:18 UTC 2020

Legislative Alert

May 14, 2020

Please contact the North Dakota members of congress Senator Hoven and
Representative Armstrong - FYI these legislators are both men

You can contact our members of congress through the Capitol switchboard and
ask to be transferred to Senator Hoven office then call back and ask for
Representative Armstrong.  The number is 202-224-3121.

You do not need to be a member of national Federation of the Blind of North
Dakota to support our legislative endeavors and actively involving yourself
in our advocacy efforts.

If this is your first time calling the capitol, remember that the person
answering the phone receives calls like this one all the time from all sorts
of advocacy organizations on many topics.

Here is what you might say when you call.

"Hello, my name is [YOUR NAME], and I am a constituent of Senator Hoven. I
live in [CITY, North Dakota.

I am calling to encourage Senator Hoven to join Senator Kramer in
cosponsoring the Access Technology Affordability Act S. 815. This
legislation removes an employment barrier commonly experienced by blind
Americans who cannot afford the high cost of access technology by creating a
refundable tax credit in the amount of $2,000 to offset the cost of these
technologies. In the wake of the coronavirus an employment bill for blind
Americans is needed more than ever.

Or

you could just say the introduction and then I am calling to encourage
Senator Hoven to join Senator Kramer in co-sponsoring the bill S815 the
Access Technology Affordability Act

Thank you.

Then repeat the whole process and advocate by calling Representative
Armstrong

House Representative Armstrong Bill H.R. 2086 Access Technology
Affordability Act

"Hello, my name is [YOUR NAME], and I am a constituent of Representative
Armstrong. I live in [CITY, North Dakota.

I am calling to encourage Representative Armstrong to join Senator Kramer in
cosponsoring the Access Technology Affordability ActH.R.2086. This
legislation removes an employment barrier commonly experienced by blind
Americans who cannot afford the high cost of access technology by creating a
refundable tax credit in the amount of $2,000 to offset the cost of these
technologies. In the wake of the coronavirus an employment bill for blind
Americans is needed more than ever.

Or

you could just say the introduction and then I am calling to encourage
Representative Armstrong to co-sponsor the Access Technology Affordability
Act H.R.2086. Senator Kramer has co-sponsored this bill Access Technology
Affordability Act S.815 on the senate side.

Thank you.

Together we will succeed!

Please send me a quick email after you make your calls and thank you for
your efforts to make improvements so we can Live the Life we want!

Any questions, please feel welcome to contact me or our National Federation
of the Blind of North Dakota President Jesse Shirek

 <mailto:president at nfbnd.org> president at nfbnd.org

call 701-781-2526

Sherry E Shirek

Secretary and Legislative Director

National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota

Voice/text 701-781-3055

Sherrybeth7 at gmail.com <mailto:Sherrybeth7 at gmail.com>

www.nfbnd.org

blindness is not what holds you back.  <http://www.nfb.org/> nfb.org