[ND-Talk] FW: [Leasey] OT, Victor Reader Stream Petition

Milton mota1252 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 20:29:15 UTC 2023

Please consider signing this petition if you haven't done so already. Also
spread this to the blind community as widely as possible as it is going to
need a lot of signatures.

Forgive me for sharing this to the list, but this is a subject I am
passionate about and is very important to us.

For some time now, it has become more difficult to link a Humanware Victor
Reader Stream product with the Audible book service via its Audible Sync
application. This means that it is not possible for those people to use the
Stream with the Audible book service.

Audible is one of the primary methods these days for listening to audio
books and this is undoubtedly the device on which many people choose to hear
them.

As a company, we often recommend that people use the Victor Reader Stream.
As of this moment, anyone who wishes to link such a device to Audible cannot
do so and certainly the new upcoming version 3, to be released in February,
will not be supported.

I urge you please if you have a moment to sign an accessible online petition
to try to persuade Amazon and Audible to work with Humanware so as to ensure
this service is reinstated. Even if you are not a Stream user, I would be
grateful please for a minute of your time so that those of us who use
Streams on a daily basis have a chance of protecting our listening to
Audible books in the future.

https://openletter.earth/to-amazons-audiblecom-division-please-reinstate-sup
port-for-humanwares-popular-victor-reader-stream-player-for-the-blind-and-lo
w-vision-community-c26fcf78

Thank you for reading.

Brian Hartgen

Hartgen Consultancy.

Our usual opening Hours are 9 AM to 5 PM UK time, Monday to Friday.

Telephone (in the UK) 02921-051325.

Telephone (in the United States of America) 239-256-7779.