[Nebraska-senior-blind] NFBN Senior Division July Meeting - Monday July 20th

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Sun Jul 12 18:17:58 UTC 2015

Dear Fellow Senior Division Member

RE: Get ready for our Monday July 20th meeting

**Contents of message:

*#1 Info to get on  the call

*#2 Read the newest version of Last meeting's slightly edited minutes

*3 Robert's request of all who were on the last call; help create a Senior
division brochure.

*#4 Agenda for the meeting

*#1 What you need to know to get on the call

-Date of our call: Monday, July 20th

Time for the call: 7:00 CT; 6:00 MT

-Phone number to call: 1-605-475-6006

-Access code: 203747Pound

*#2 See attached minutes, read and if there are corrections, either send
them to me, or wait until the meeting and Karen will take note of them.

*3 Division Brochure: Remember this from our last meeting.??

We agreed that we, the members consider what would be useful to put into a
brochure for the NFBN Senior Division. Send them to Robert, who will
coordinate their collection and Shepard them through an editing process.

*#4 Agenda:

-First- Come-to-order, say our NFB Pledge (see below and let us make sure we
do this!)

-Next- Reports Will be discussed and approved (secretary & treasurers)

-Next- Old business:

#1 A brief note on our constitution and its being sent off; giving an
update.

#2 Update on the Braille writer (its use by NCBVI, and its re-launch of its
sale.

-New Business:

#1 Brad and Barbara, Nancy, Cheryl give an account of the 2015 national
convention.

#2 Also, any new stuff that any of us bring to the meeting.

-Finally- brags & drags

-Adjournment

NFB Pledge:

 I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National

Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for
the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to
abide by its constitution.

Respectfully yours,

Robert Leslie Newman

President, NFBN Senior division

characteristic that defines you or your future.

Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low
expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams.

You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back