[Nebraska-senior-blind] NFBN Senior Division May Meeting - Mondaythe 16th

Becky McCullough misscoffee at neb.rr.com
Mon May 16 23:51:14 UTC 2016

I won't be able to make it tonight.
Becky
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Robert Leslie Newman via Nebraska-senior-blind
  To: '0senior division listserv'
  Cc: Robert Leslie Newman
  Sent: Friday, May 06, 2016 9:57 AM
  Subject: [Nebraska-senior-blind] NFBN Senior Division May Meeting - Mondaythe 16th

  Hi you all

  RE: Get ready for our May phone meeting!

  Contents of this message:

  *When and how to get on the call

  *Agenda

  *The NFB Pledge

  *Minutes & treasurer reports from last meeting are pasted in below & attached

  *#1 When and How to Get On the Call:

  Date: Monday May 16th

  Time: 6:00 MT, 7:00 CT

  Phone: 1-605-475-6006

  Access: 203747Pound

  *#2 Agenda:

  -First- Note- Robert will not be on the call, Barbara will run the meeting. Come-to-order, say our NFB pledge (Nancy will lead pledge)

  -Second- secretary & treasurers Reports Will be discussed and approved and/or accepted

  --OLD BUSINESS:

  -Discuss and act upon the purchase of the needed memory device and mailer to get our documentation out to our non-computer users

  --NEW BUSINESS:

  -discuss topics for future meetings; special guests and/or discussion topics

  *#3 Philosophical Discussion: (Barbara will provide us one that will appear in the next meeting reminder)

  --Finally- Brags & Drags

  --Adjournment

  --If you wish to join the Senior Division, the annual dues are $10.00. Please make the check payable to the NFBN Senior Division, and mail it to Cheryl Livingston, 1026 S 35 St, Lincoln NE 68510.

  *#4 NFB Pledge:

   I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National

  Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its constitution.

  **Secretary & Treasurer's Reports:

  National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska

  Senior Division

  April 18, 2016 Meeting

   The April 18 meeting began at 7:03 PM (CT) with the introduction by President Newman of NFB Krafters Division President Joyce Kane (note the unique spelling of Krafters, it starts with a K, not the normal C). Joyce spoke of the variety of classes offered and how to join the Krafters Division. Last year 87 classes were offered to members. To join the Krafters Division go to their website: www.krafterskorner.org or call in on any Monday night: 1-605781-1000, access code: 875029#. After $20 annual dues are paid you will choose your class from the website list. A different phone number will be sent to you for the class you choose via email. Each class has a different conference call in number.

  Following the presentation by Joyce Kane, President Newman called the regular meeting to begin. There were 14 members in attendance.

  The NF B Pledge was recited, led by Cheryl. Nancy volunteered to lead the pledge in May.

  Secretary Lemmon using JAWS read the Secretary minutes from March. VP Barbara Loose requested 3 corrections. Corrections were made and the minutes were approved. (Motion by Linda, second by Barbara)

  Treasurer Livingston gave the financial report which was reported with a balance of $902.95. Report accepted (Motion by Barbara, second by Linda)

  OLD BUSINESS

  Barbara reported that the cartridge case for mailing thumb drives to individuals who are members of the Senior Division but do not have computers would be $2.50 each. If we would choose to use the cassette cartridge rather than the thumb drive, the cassette would cost $3.00.

  NEW BUSINESS

                  Robert asked for future topic ideas. Becky suggested that we invite a Lions member to attend one of our meetings to promote the Senior Division and the NFB in general. Karen suggested that we have someone who has gone into the professional world as a blind person who would be willing to speak on not only their work but training they have had as well as technology they utilize.

  There was no knowledge of progress on approval by the NFBN Board of the Senior Division Constitution. President Newman said he plans to attend the May NFB meeting.

  BRAGS and DRAGS

  The members offered sympathy to Brad whose sister had passed away.

  Kim Richards, a past member who now lives in Aberdeen had to make the decision to euthanize her long time guide dog, Champ,

  The next meeting will be on May 16th.

  There being no further business the meeting ended at 8:04 PM (CT)

  Respectfully Submitted,

  Karen Lemmon

  Secretary

  *REMINDER that the NFBN State convention will be held on the weekend of October 9, 2016 at the Riverside Inn in Columbus Nebraska. Further details concerning the Convention will be announced at future phone meetings of the Senior Division.

  ***Treasurer's Report:

  Treasurer's Report-Senior Division

  April 18, 2016

  Beginning Balance Mar 21, 2016 $912.95

  Expenses

  April PAC plan                                                    $ 10.00

  Deposits

  None

  Ending Balance  April 18, 2016     $902.95

  Respectfully submitted,

  Cheryl Livingston, Treasurer

  To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Nebraska-senior-blind:
  http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nebraska-senior-blind_nfbnet.org/misscoffee%40neb.rr.com

---