[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] In case you did not see this - FW: [NFBN-Announce] 2019 NFB of Nebraska State Convention

Robert Leslie Newman robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 19:26:22 UTC 2019

From: NFBN-Announce [mailto:nfbn-announce-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of NFB of Nebraska Info via NFBN-Announce
Sent: Monday, September 9, 2019 11:50 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: [NFBN-Announce] 2019 NFB of Nebraska State Convention

National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska

Presents our 49th State Convention

*	When: Thursday, October 10 to Sunday, October 13, 2019

*	Where: Ramada Columbus River’s Edge Conference Center, 265 33rd Ave. Columbus, NE  68601

It’s almost time for 49! Join NFB of Nebraska as we pan for gold in 2019. Connect with blind seniors, parents or students. Learn about legislative endeavors and what is happening nationally in the NFB. We will offer seminars on crafting, health and wellness, technology and more. Our student division, NABS, and senior division will meet during convention as well in addition to our blind parent group. We have nuggets of gold to offer everyone!

Our state rep this year is Everette Bacon, state president for our NFB of Utah affiliate. He also serves on the Disability Advisory Committee to the Federal Communications Commission. He is also chair of the Utah Library Advisory Board. He sits on the Utah Assistive Technology Council and the Library of Congress’ National Library Service for the Blind’s Audio Equipment Advisory Committee (Western Region).

Our 49th state convention will be jam packed with fun. Network with fellow blind and visually impaired Nebraskans during our hospitality kick-off on Thursday evening. Friday will be filled with seminars and sessions, and on Friday evening, party with NFBN as members showcase various talents. Do you sing, dance, tell jokes, read poetry? Come out and entertain us. Meet our state board Saturday morning and then find a meeting perfect for you. Saturday evening will be our annual banquet; Everette Bacon is our keynote speaker and his speech is sure to send us home rich with Federation wisdom. We will wrap up Sunday with our business meeting that include elections for the upcoming year. Throughout convention, we will also hold our baked good auction. So, don’t miss out on the 2019 convention.

We do offer financial assistance for convention through our Mangnall grant. We give preference to first-time attendees, but all are welcome to apply. Details about how to apply and deadlines will soon be available. Contact Jeff Altman with questions. Email:  <mailto:debandjeff at allophone.com> debandjeff at allophone.com. Phone: (402) 489-9458.

Our agenda, transportation  and Registration details will soon be available. Questions or comments, contact Amy Buresh, president, NFBN: Email:  <mailto:president at ne.nfb.org> president at ne.nfb.org. Phone: (402) 440-4722.

--

National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska

Phone: 402-477-7711

Email: info at ne.nfb.org <mailto:info at ne.nfb.org>

Web: http://www.ne.nfb.org

Facebook: https://facebook.com/nebraskasblind