[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] Reminder Final - 4th NFB Seniors Division conference Call - TOMMORROW - NFB Krafters Division

Robert Leslie Newman robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Tue May 12 20:07:02 UTC 2020

                Hi You All

RE: - Join us on our fourth Senior Division’s nationwide conference call of
2020!

Topic: National Federation of the Blind

Krafters’ Division

This Division was established in 2008 by Joyce Kane and a group of
blind/visually impaired crafters.  Over the years the Division’s goal is to
share the love of crafts with other blind/visually impaired people
interested in learning anew craft or learning how to continue those crafts
enjoyed before vision loss.  The teachers are blind/visually impaired and
have learned or developed techniques that allow us to continue enjoying
crafts.

Here are a few of the classes that have been taught: crochet, knitting, loom
knitting, origami, plastic canvas, macramé bracelets, cleaning with
essential oils, etc.

Website: www.krafterskorner.org <http://www.krafterskorner.org>

You can check here to learn about classes, our listserv and becoming a
member($20/year).

For more information you can contact

Tammy Freitag, President

H: 402-904-5105

Email: krafters.division.president at gmail.com
<mailto:krafters.division.president at gmail.com>

***A bit about Tammy***

I have dealt with vision problems all of my life but was introduced to
crochet as a teenager.  I fell in love with all of the beautiful skenes of
yarn that my neighbor had lovingly made into Granny Squares.

I remember sitting in her floor as she patiently spent time teaching me the
basics. My Grandmother worked with me as well.  Over the years I have made a
few items but have really grown my skills now that I have retired and gotten
involved in the NFB Krafters’ Division.

In that time between learning and growing my crochet skills, I have spent my
life teaching at Church, in Schools, at Adult Training Centers and now with
the NFB Krafters’ Division. With a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in hand, I
spent 17 years teaching in Special Ed classrooms. I transitioned into the
Rehabilitation System where I taught a variety of skills from how to cut up
a whole chicken to crossing streets. Now in retirement because of health
issues, I continue to love learning new craft skills and sharing the ones I
know. I became Division President in 2018.

Outside of the Krafters’ Division, I spend much time working on committees
at my church and with the 21st Century Lions Club here in Nebraska. I am
also serving as a Board member of my local NFB chapter.

Keeping busy is a welcome thing.

The conference call will be recorded and made available from our Seniors
Division website. (Note- the dial-in number is not at this time functioning.
I will get it fixed.)