[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] January, 2022, Secretary's Report Corrected

Linda Mentink lmentink7360 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 02:54:26 UTC 2022

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF NEBRASKA SENIOR DIVISION
SECRETARY'S REPORT

Monday, January 10, 2022

The NFBN Senior Division met via Zoom on Monday, January 10,
2022.  President Robert Newman called the meeting to order at
7:00 PM CST.  Members present were: President Robert Newman, Vice
President Barbara Loos, Secretary Linda Mentink, Treasurer Cheryl
Livingston, Board Member Nancy Oltman, Chris Boone, Gina Finnell,
Ruth Garrison, Brad Loos, Steve Sentiney, and Jerry Whitlow.
Guests present were: Kathy Brahmer, Paula Cellar, and Melvin
Forster from Nebraska, Kathy and Kermit Kirchhoff from Kansas,
Beth Wright from North Carolina and Ray Wright from Utah.

Brad recited our NFB Pledge.  Cheryl will recite it next month.

Linda read the December 2021 Secretary's Report.  There were no
additions or corrections, so it will be made a part of the
permanent record of the organization.  Steve said he decided not
to go to Ski for Light because of the virus.

Cheryl apologized for forgetting to pay her dues through PayPal.
She read the January 2022 Treasurer's Report.  It will be made a
part of the financial record of the organization.

Robert asked, and Linda mentioned that Cheryl Livingston and she
have been appointed to the Board of Commissioners of the Nebraska
Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired.

Robert mentioned that the next affiliate board meeting will be
January 22 at the Brazen Head Irish Pub in Omaha.  Details will
be sent to our affiliate members list.

Chris mentioned the upcoming Washington Seminar, explained what
it is, and talked a little about the four pieces of legislation
we'd like passed.  Training meetings will be held the 12th, 19th
and 24th of this month.  Only two people will be able to attend
in person, but there may be Zoom opportunities.

Those who wish to join the division or renew their membership
should do so as soon as possible.

Ray Wright was our guest speaker.  He told us his story and quite
a bit about woodworking as a blind person.  He answered
questions.  His email address is wrightturnonly at gmail.com and his
telephone number is (801) 560-9866.

Many of us are not available February 14, so our next meeting
will be February 7.

We shared brags and drags.

There was no further business, so we adjourned at 8:43 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Linda Mentink, Secretary

Treasurer's Report Senior Division

Monday, January 10, 2022

Beginning Balance $1199.83

Expenses

PAC for Jan $15.00

Deposits

Dues $30.00

Jolene Boshart

Cheryl Livingston

Ruth Garrison

Ending Balance $1214.83

Notes: Dues have been collected from Steve Senteney, Linda
Mentink, Nancy Oltman, Jolene Boshart,
Cheryl Livingston, Bob Riley, and Ruth Garrison.

The donations for the match are now $350.

Respectfully submitted,

Cheryl Livingston, Treasurer