[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] Corrected Secretary's Report for Last Night's Meeting

Linda Mentink lmentink7360 at gmail.com
Wed May 11 01:43:08 UTC 2022

Hi All,

OK, here it is again, attached and pasted in.  I found out that
one of our chapter members, Brenda Wardman, was also there, but
had to leave before we were through.  I added her to the list.
She really enjoyed Buddy's presentation.

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF NEBRASKA SENIOR DIVISION
MEETING SECRETARY'S REPORT

Monday, May 9, 2022

The NFBN Senior Division met via Zoom on Monday, May 9, 2022.
President Robert Newman called the meeting to order at 7:00 PM
CDT.  Members present were: President Robert Newman, Vice
President Barbara Loos, Secretary Linda Mentink, Treasurer Cheryl
Livingston, Board Member Nancy Oltman, Chris Boone, Jo Boshart,
Gina Finnell, Melvin Forster, Geralyn Konruff, Brad Loos, Steve
Senteney, and Jerry Whitlow.  Guests present were: Kathy Brahmer,
Sandra Edwards and Brenda Wardman from Nebraska, Buddy Collier
from Nevada, and Beth Wright from North Carolina.

Jo recited our NFB Pledge.  Robert will recite it next month.

Buddy Collier was our guest speaker.  He shared his experiences
of gradually losing vision over the past seven years.  He talked
a lot about traveling with his ID cane, learning Braille and
Charles Bonnet Syndrome (visual hallucinations).  We asked a few
questions of him.

Linda read the April Secretary's Report.  There were no additions
or corrections, so it will be made a part of the permanent record
of the organization.

Cheryl read the May Treasurer's Report.  It will be made a part
of the financial record of the organization.

Robert reported that the committee working with Tricia Waechter
has had some communication.  Paula is attempting to connect with
her.

Robert has the document written up for Vanda Pharmaceuticals.  He
wants to get a sense about how much money would be reasonable.
Jo and Nancy will work with Paula to contact Tricia and get
things moving so that we can have the auction in the fall.

Affiliate Board meeting update: Chris and Linda mentioned a few
of the committees that are being formed.  Affiliate President
Jamie Richey will post the committee list to our listservs.

Barbara mentioned that anyone needing assistance to go to the
National Convention should contact Cheryl by Tomorrow, May 10.

Anyone who has been a member for a long time, but who has not
received their membership coin, should email Jamie at
president at ne.nfb.org and let her know.

We shared brags and drags.

Robert mentioned that Dianne Hemphill from Kansas would like to
have a joint meeting with us sooner than later, possibly next
month.

Chris suggested that we ask John Wick to come on and talk to us
about long-distance running.

There was no further business, so we adjourned at 8:50 PM CDT.

Respectfully submitted,

Linda Mentink, Secretary

Treasurer's Report Senior Division

Monday May 9, 2022