[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] NFBN Senior Division November Meeting - Special guest; Legacy Technology Project

robertleslienewman at gmail.com robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 18:10:22 UTC 2022

Hi You All

RE: Our November meeting is two Mondays away; Monday, the 14th

Special Guest; a revisit from a friend- Roger Cicchese of the Legacy
Technology Project; the man who is fondly referred to as - "The Used Tech
Guy!"

This great resource initially came about due to a response to the high cost
of new access technology. No one in the country had organized and advertised
a collection point to buy from, sell or donate un-wanted, but perfectly
functional older-legacy blindness equipment to.

Contents of this message:

*1: When and how to get on our monthly call

*2: Agenda

*3 The NFB Pledge

*4 Secretary report

*1: When and how to get on the call

Date: Monday, November 14th

Time: 7:00 CT

Join Zoom Meeting:

 <https://zoom.us/j/97431318555?pwd=NmVpT2VhTEl4ZlczVElyZDYycDNGQT09>
https://zoom.us/j/97431318555?pwd=NmVpT2VhTEl4ZlczVElyZDYycDNGQT09

One tap mobile:

+13462487799,,97431318555#,,,,*637552#

+14086380968,,97431318555#,,,,*637552#

Dial by your location:

+1 346 248 7799

+1 408 638 0968

Meeting ID: 974 3131 8555

Passcode: 637552

*2: Agenda

-First- Come to order, do introductions, and we have our NFB Pledge; voiced
by Bob Burns

-Second- We have our presentation by "The Used Tech Guy"

--OLD BUSINESS

-Update from our membership Committee- Nancy and Jerry

-Fund Raising Update: First, on our recent BEAN auction. Second, our request
of a grant from Vanda.

NEW BUSINESS

-An Affiliate Update- All members who are in-the-know will share information
concerning affiliate business

--Whatever else we get from the membership

-Brags and Drags

*3: NFB Pledge:

I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National

Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for
the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to
abide by its constitution.

*October's Minutes:

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF NEBRASKA SENIOR DIVISION MEETING
SECRETARY's REPORT

Monday, October 10, 2022

The NFBN Senior Division met via Zoom on Monday, October 10, 2022. President
Robert Newman called the meeting to order at 7:05 PM CDT. Members present
were: President Robert Newman, Vice President Barbara Loos, Secretary Linda
Mentink, Treasurer Cheryl Livingston, Board Member Nancy Oltman, Jo Boshart,
Bob Burns, Paula Cellar, Gina Finnell, Melvin Forster, Brad Loos, and Jerry
Whitlow. Guests present were: Doug Peterson, Cathy Roberts, and Ruth
Schmeits.

Robert explained a little about this division and recited our NFB Pledge,
also with explanation. Bob will recite it next month.

Robert asked Doug, Ruth and Cathy to share their stories and any concerns
they have. We shared alternative techniques to help Doug and Cathy. Ruth was
unable to unmute, so hopefully we'll hear from her next month when she
learns how.

Linda read the September 12, 2022, Secretary's Report. Barbara mentioned
that Cathy is spelled with a C. The corrected report will become a part of
the permanent record of the organization.

Cheryl read the October 10, 2022, Treasurer's report. It will become a part
of the permanent financial record of the organization.

Paula reported that they had a meeting last Saturday evening with Michael,
who is setting up the auction. They also had a prior meeting. All the
details have been worked out. Nancy explained the four hoodies we are
auctioning. Mike Hansen was very patient in answering questions the
committee members had.

Robert will be the administrator. Robert mentioned that Jan Brandt helped
with the position of the graphics.

Linda mentioned that the next affiliate board meeting will be on the 22nd at
10:00 in Omaha.

Barbara mentioned that Carol Jenkins will be moving to Connecticut to be
Director of the Connecticut Services for the Blind.

We shared brags and drags.

There was no further business, so we adjourned at 8:30 PM CDT.

Respectfully submitted,

Linda Mentink, Secretary

Treasurer's Report Senior Division

Monday, October 10, 2022

Beginning Balance  $1459.83

Expenses

PAC for October       $    15.00

Deposits

Membership dues    $ 15.00

Bob Riley

Ending Balance                   $1459.83

Respectfully submitted,

Cheryl Livingston, Treasurer

Respectfully submitted,

Cheryl Livingston, Treasurer