[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] NFBN Senior Division October Meeting - Sharing How We Do Things

robertleslienewman at gmail.com robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 17:47:53 UTC 2022

Hi You All

RE: Our October meeting is two days away; Monday, the 10th

TOPIC: we share our personal blindness alternatives with one another; low
and high tech. We have not done this for quite a while! We and our guests
will all benefit.

Contents of this message:

*1: When and how to get on our monthly call

*2: Agenda

*3 The NFB Pledge

*4 Secretary report

*1: When and how to get on the call

Date: Monday October 10th

Time: 7:00 CT

Join Zoom Meeting:

 <https://zoom.us/j/97431318555?pwd=NmVpT2VhTEl4ZlczVElyZDYycDNGQT09>
https://zoom.us/j/97431318555?pwd=NmVpT2VhTEl4ZlczVElyZDYycDNGQT09

One tap mobile:

+13462487799,,97431318555#,,,,*637552#

+14086380968,,97431318555#,,,,*637552#

Dial by your location:

+1 346 248 7799

+1 408 638 0968

Meeting ID: 974 3131 8555

Passcode: 637552

*2: Agenda

-First- Come to order, do introductions, and we have our NFB Pledge; voiced
by

-Second- We have our sharing of new and old, low- and high-tech
alternatives.

--OLD BUSINESS

-Update from our membership Committee- Nancy and Jerry

-Update on the two fund raising opportunities that have come up:

NEW BUSINESS

-Whatever else we get from the membership

-Brags and Drags

*3: NFB Pledge:

I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National

Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for
the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to
abide by its constitution.

**September’s Minutes:

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF NEBRASKA SENIOR DIVISION MEETING
SECRETARY's REPORT

Monday, September 12, 2022

The NFBN Senior Division met via Zoom on Monday, September 12, 2022.
President Robert Newman called the meeting to order at 7:04 PM CDT. Members
present were: President Robert Newman, Vice President Barbara Loos,
Secretary Linda Mentink, Treasurer Cheryl Livingston, Board Member Nancy
Oltman, Chris Boone, Jo Boshart, Gina Finnell, Melvin Forster, Brad Loos,
Steve Senteney, and Carlos Serván. Jerry Whitlow came, but had to leave
because she was celebrating her grandson's birthday. Guests present were:
Dorothy Bable, Kathy Brahmer, and Kathy Roberts.

Jo recited our NFB Pledge.

Those who participated in the Silver Summit shared their experiences,
highlights and what they learned. Some suggestions were made for additions
and improvements.

Linda read the August 8, 2022, Secretary's Report. There were no additions
or corrections, so it will be made a part of the permanent record of the
organization.

Cheryl read the September 12, 2022, Treasurer’s Report. It will be made a
part of the permanent financial record of the organization.

Robert sent a note off to Vanda Pharmaceuticals. Jennifer Lyman said that
they will be having a meeting sometime in October.

Nancy gave an update on the auction. Robert sent pictures and descriptions
of the hoodies to Mike Hansen. The bidding will start at 8 AM October 15 and
end at 8 PM October 23. The next committee meeting will be on the 29th. Mike
will set up a PayPal account for us.

We shared brags and drags.

There was no further business, so we adjourned at 8:33 PM CDT.

Respectfully submitted,

Linda Mentink, Secretary

Respectfully yours,

Robert Leslie Newman