[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] NFBN Senior Division June Zoom Meeting - A new and important TOPIC; Accessable Currency

robertleslienewman at gmail.com robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 18:02:43 UTC 2023

Hi You All

RE- Our June meeting is three days away- Monday, the 12th

Topic: A discussion- Should this country's currency  (paper bills) be made
to be fully accessible to the blind? And how would you do it?

Contents of this message:

*1: When and how to get on our monthly call

*2: Agenda

*3: The NFB Pledge

*4: Secretary's and Treasurer's reports

*1: When and how to get on the call

Date: Monday, June 12th

Time: 7:00 CT

Join Zoom Meeting:

 <https://zoom.us/j/97431318555?pwd=NmVpT2VhTEl4ZlczVElyZDYycDNGQT09>
https://zoom.us/j/97431318555?pwd=NmVpT2VhTEl4ZlczVElyZDYycDNGQT09

One tap mobile:

+13462487799,,97431318555#,,,,*637552#

+14086380968,,97431318555#,,,,*637552#

Dial by your location:

+1 346 248 7799

+1 408 638 0968

Meeting ID: 974 3131 8555

Passcode: 637552

*2: Agenda

-First- Come to order, do introductions, and we have our NFB Pledge; voiced
by Jo Boshart

Second- We open our discussion: laying out the facts, then discuss the pros
and cons.

--OLD BUSINESS

-Checking on members or other interested individuals to come onto our
monthly calls.

-Update to recent grant from the non-24, pill People

-Update on the recent Silver summit #2

-Whatever else members may bring.

--NEW BUSINESS

-Discuss the upcoming 2023NFB National Convention

- Update on affiliate news

- Whatever else we get from the membership.

-Brags and Drags

*3: NFB Pledge:

I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation
of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

*4: Last month's Minutes:

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF NEBRASKA SENIOR DIVISION MEETING
SECRETARY's REPORT

Monday, May 8, 2023

The NFBN Senior Division met via Zoom on Monday, May 8, 2023. President
Robert Newman called the meeting to order at 7:11 PM CDT. Members present
were: President Robert Newman, Vice President Barbara Loos, Secretary Linda
Mentink, Treasurer Cheryl Livingston, Board Member Nancy Oltman, Bob Burns,
Melvin Forster, Brad Loos, and Doug Peterson. Guests present were: Jo
Boshart, Kathy Brahmer and Deb Mauer.

Nancy recited our NFB Pledge. Jo will recite it next month.

We listened to a podcast on the new All Terrain cane. Barbara read a
description of the various types of cane tips available.

Linda read the April 10, 2023, Secretary's Report. There were no additions
or corrections, so it will become a part of the permanent record of the
organization.

Cheryl read the March 13, April 10 and May 8, 2023, Treasurer's Reports.
They will become a part of the permanent financial record of the
organization.

Robert mentioned that he will be sending a $500 check to Cheryl from Vanda
Pharmaceuticals. He will mail a thank-you note to Jennifer Lyman.

State Board Meeting: Nancy mentioned that we will not be having a table at
our national convention this year, but will be selling raffle tickets. We
will be reorganizing a Parents of Blind Children Division and a deafblind
committee. Cheryl mentioned that financial assistance is available from our
affiliate for those who need it to attend the national convention. The
application deadline is May 10.

Barbara talked a little about sending and collecting Nebraska history. The
committee is making progress. Anyone having photos or videos of our 2023
state convention, or chapter or division minutes, should send them to
history at ne.nfb.org <mailto:history at ne.nfb.org> .

We shared brags and drags.

There was no further business, so we adjourned at 8:38 PM CDT.

Respectfully submitted,

Linda Mentink, Secretary

**Treasurer's reports for March, April and May:

Treasurer's Report Senior Division

Monday, March 13, 2023

Beginning Balance    $1581.83  1581.83

Expenses

PAC for March                      $    15.00

Deposits

None

Ending Balance                    $1566.83   $1566.83  This is the bank
statement balance

Members who have paid dues for 2023

Linda Mentink                       ck

Barbara Loos            ca

Brad Loos                  ca

Cheryl Livingston     ck

Melvin Forster                       ck

Bob Riley                   ck

Jerry Whitlow            ck

Dorothy Babel                       ck

Steve Senteney                    ck

Carlos Servan                       ca

Bob Burns                 pp

Geralyn Konruff                    pp

Nancy Oltman                       pp

Christine Boone                    pp

Doug Peterson                     pp

Respectfully submitted,

Cheryl Livingston, Treasurer

Revised Treasurer's Report Senior Division

Monday, April 10,  2023

Beginning Balance    $1566.83

Expenses

PAC for March                      $    15.00

Deposits

Purchase of hoodie

At auction                  $ 54.00

Dues                           $40.00

Donation                    $10.00

Total deposit              $104.00

Ending Balance                    $1655.83

Members who have paid dues for 2023 at state convention

Eileen Rivera Ley     cash

Deb Altman               cash

Jeff Altman                cash

Bev Carlson              cash

Monday, May 8, 2023

Beginning Balance               $1655.83

Expenses

PAC for May                          $  15.00

Ck 1248 on 4/21/23

To Linda Mentink

For senior div door

Prizes                                                 $  50.00

Total Expenses                                 $  65.00

Deposits

None

Ending Balance                                $1590.83

Respectfully submitted,

Cheryl Livingston, Treasurer

Respectfully yours,

Robert Leslie Newman