[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] NFBN Senior Division March Meeting - Convention Discussion

robertleslienewman at gmail.com robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 16:23:20 UTC 2023

Hi You All

RE- Our March meeting is Monday the 13th

Topic: Discussion relating to the nature of our upcoming convention meeting.
We will share with you what we have planned and how you all can help make it
work.

Contents of this message:

*1: When and how to get on our monthly call

*2: Agenda

*3 The NFB Pledge

*4 Secretary Report

*1: When and how to get on the call

Date: Monday, March 13th

Time: 7:00 CT

Join Zoom Meeting:

 <https://zoom.us/j/97431318555?pwd=NmVpT2VhTEl4ZlczVElyZDYycDNGQT09>
https://zoom.us/j/97431318555?pwd=NmVpT2VhTEl4ZlczVElyZDYycDNGQT09

One tap mobile:

+13462487799,,97431318555#,,,,*637552#

+14086380968,,97431318555#,,,,*637552#

Dial by your location:

+1 346 248 7799

+1 408 638 0968

Meeting ID: 974 3131 8555

Passcode: 637552

*2: Agenda

-First- Come to order, do introductions, and we have our NFB Pledge; voiced
by Chris

-Second- We have our discussion of what our convention meeting agenda will
look like, and how all of us have a stake in making it be the best . ever.

--OLD BUSINESS

-Checking on members or other interested individuals to pay their dues.

-Sharing news of our Nebraska affiliate's 2023 NFBN state convention.

-Revisit and do what we need to do relating to- door prizes for convention;
providing Fit Breaks during general sessions; and our 2023 Senior division
Financial Fellowship.

-Whatever else members may bring

--NEW BUSINESS

Whatever we get from the membership

-Brags and Drags

*3: NFB Pledge:

I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation
of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

*February Minutes:

NFBN SENIOR DIVISION SECRETARY's REPORT

Monday, February 13, 2023

The NFBN Senior Division met via Zoom on Monday, February 13, 2023. In the
absence of President Robert Newman, Vice President Barbara Loos presided
over the meeting. She called the meeting to order at 7:10 PM CST. Members
present were: Vice President Barbara Loos, Secretary Linda Mentink,
Treasurer Cheryl Livingston, Board Member Nancy Oltman, Dorothy Babel,
Christine Boone, Jo Boshart, Melvin Forster, Ruth Garrison, Brad Loos, Doug
Peterson, Steve Senteney, and Jerry Whitlow. Guests present were: Deb Mauer
from Nebraska and Tom Anderson from Kansas.

Linda recited our NFB Pledge. Chris will recite it next month. Jerry will
say it if Chris isn't here.

Barbara shared a little about divisions, groups and committees.

Our guest speaker was Tom Anderson, President of the NFB in Communities of
Faith. He shared a little about himself, and then about the division. We
believe that people should be fully involved in their worship community,
which is why the division was organized. We want to educate faith community
leaders about blindness. Tom answered questions. Tom's cell number is (303)
842-9661. His email address is tanderson81452 at gmail.com
<mailto:tanderson81452 at gmail.com> .

Linda read the January 9, 2023, Secretary's Report. There were no additions
or corrections, so it will become a part of the permanent record of the
organization.

Cheryl read the February 13, 2023, Treasurer's Report. It will become a part
of the financial record of the organization.

Barbara suggested that, if we think of people who haven't been here lately,
we should contact them and let them know we miss them and care about them.

Barbara mentioned that our motions about our convention meeting didn't work
out. There will not be any division luncheons. We have three hours, with the
first hour being our business meeting and the other two hours being
dedicated to David Denotaris and what he has planned. She also mentioned
other things on the convention agenda.

Nancy mentioned that February 17-21 the At-Large Chapter will be selling
popcorn from the same company as the Community Service Division. They will
receive 50%. They will also be selling food and beverages during the early
part of the days of our state convention.

We shared brags and drags.

There was no further business, so we adjourned at 8:52 PM CST.

Respectfully submitted,

Linda Mentink, Secretary

Treasurer's Report Senior Division

Monday, February 13, 2023

Beginning Balance  $1510.83

Expenses

PAC for February     $ 15.00

Deposits

Dues                          $ 50.00

Hoodie FR                 $ 45.00

Total                           $ 95.00

Ending Balance                   $1590.83

Members who have paid dues for 2023

Linda Mentink

Barbara Loos

Brad Loos