[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] IMPORTANT - 2024 Sylver Summit - a minor correction by Robert

robertleslienewman at gmail.com robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 20:43:28 UTC 2024

Hi You All

Excuse  me, in my forwarding of the notice I had receive where I was being
asked if I was available to work and add some of my 60 years of experience
in living with blindness, I should have prefaced the information
differently! Hoping that first message hasn't caused you and the Commission
any difficulties!

First- If you saw my message as an opportunity to attend as a participant:
Notices and/or arrangements to attend the summit, would have  happened weeks
ago between you and your Commission counselor/teacher.

Second, and I super apologize for putting that first message out as an
advertisement for a chance to be a presenter. And if any of you did contact
the Commission staff about --- a job, a opportunity to share your
experience,. think of it this way: you may now be looked at as a person of
interest for next year's summit.

In closing, if you  make a Boo-Boo like I did with this notice, reach out
and work to straighten it out. These summits are truly one of the best
events to learn or share how to. like we in the NFB Senior division say ,
don't let blindness get in the way of you living the life you want!

Respectfully yours,

Robert Leslie Newman

NFBN Senior Division, President