[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] NFBN Senior Division January Meeting - One Week From Today!

robertleslienewman at gmail.com robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 22:05:08 UTC 2024

Hi You All

RE- Our January meeting is one week from today; Monday the 8th

Contents of this message:

*1: Topic of our meeting

*2: When and how to get on our call

*3: Agenda

*4: The NFB Pledge

*5: reports; December Secretary's Report

*1:Topic:

A special guest, a former member of the division who will tell us about her
new business that she is engaged in. Come meet and/or greet, Karen Lemmon.

*2: When and how to get on the call

Date: Monday, January 8th

Time: 7:00 CT

Join Zoom Meeting:

 <https://zoom.us/j/97431318555?pwd=NmVpT2VhTEl4ZlczVElyZDYycDNGQT09>
https://zoom.us/j/97431318555?pwd=NmVpT2VhTEl4ZlczVElyZDYycDNGQT09

One tap mobile:

+13462487799,,97431318555#,,,,*637552#

+14086380968,,97431318555#,,,,*637552#

Dial by your location:

+1 346 248 7799

+1 408 638 0968

Meeting ID: 974 3131 8555

Passcode: 637552

*3: Agenda

- First- Come to order, do introductions, and we have our NFB Pledge; voiced
by Linda

-second- Karen will present the nature of her employment and take our
questions. Ask her about what else she is doing- employment wise, and her
volunteer jobs; NFB and NCBVI related!

--OLD BUSINESS

- Whatever else members may bring.

--NEW BUSINESS

- Update on affiliate news

- Whatever else we get from the membership.

- Brags and Drags

*4: NFB Pledge:

I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation
of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

*5: Minutes from our last meeting:

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF NEBRASKA SENIOR DIVISION MEETING
SECRETARY's REPORT

Monday, December 11, 2023

The NFBN Senior Division met via Zoom on Monday, December 11, 2023.
President Robert Newman called the meeting to order at 7:03 PM CST. Members
present were: President Robert Newman, Vice President Barbara Loos,
Secretary Linda Mentink, Treasurer Cheryl Livingston, Board Member Nancy
Oltman, Dorothy Babel, Melvin Forster, Brad Loos, and Steve Senteney. Guests
present were: Kathy Brahmer, Gina Finnell, Terry Long, Deb Mauer, Ruth
Schmeits, Eli and Emily Sidders and Dan Treffer.

Barbara recited our NFB Pledge. Linda will recite it next month.

Our focus topic was holiday celebration! We shared holiday plans for the
present and memories from the past.

Linda read the October 9 and November 13, 2023, Secretary's Reports. There
were no additions or corrections, so they will become part of the permanent
record of the organization.

Cheryl read the November 13 and December 11, 2023, Treasurer's Reports. They
will become a part of the financial record of the organization. We discussed
paying 2024 dues. Cheryl mentioned that we have a new webmaster. She hopes
that our online buttons still work.

Robert asked about our last affiliate Board meeting. It was a special
meeting to decide who our Designee to the Board of Commissioners of NCBVI
will be. The Board voted for Cheryl Livingston.

Robert mentioned that he, Jo and Barbara will get together to work on the
video transcript on pouring and handling coffee.

Barbara reminded us that if we wanted to get Braille calendars, between now
and January 31 is a good time to do that. Order online at
<http://www.actionfund.org> www.actionfund.org or call (410) 659-9315.

Robert mentioned that TBBS (Talking Book and Braille Service) has Braille
wall calendars available.

Barbara hopes that some of us are participating in the Braille Readers are
Leaders contest which is sponsored by the Action Fund. Also, we are still in
the time of year to give to the Federation; all gifts will be doubled. She
also mentioned the upcoming Washington Seminar.

We shared brags and drags.

Robert mentioned that Karen Lemmon will be our guest speaker in January or
February.

There was no further business, so we adjourned at 8:45 PM CST.

Respectfully submitted,

Linda Mentink, Secretary

Treasurer's Report Senior Division

Monday, November 13, 2023

Beginning Balance                            $2025.83

Expenses

PAC for Nov                                        $ 15.00

Total Expenses                                   $ 15.00

Deposits

None

Ending Balance                                  $2010.83

Respectfully submitted,

Cheryl Livingston, Treasurer

Treasurer's Report Senior Division

Monday, December 11, 2023

Beginning Balance                            $2010.83

Expenses

PAC for Dec.                                        $ 15.00

Total Expenses                                   $ 15.00

Deposits

Dues                                                      $ 10.00

Ending Balance                                  $2005.83

Respectfully submitted,

Cheryl Livingston, Treasurer

Respectfully yours,

Robert Leslie Newman