[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] NFBN Senior Division March Meeting - Getting ready for convention!

robertleslienewman at gmail.com robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 15:05:03 UTC 2024

Hi You All

RE- Our March meeting is Next Monday, one week away, the 11th

Contents of this message:

*1: Topic of our meeting

*2: When and how to get on our call

*3: Agenda

*4: The NFB Pledge

*5: reports; February's Secretary Report

*1:Topic:

We will discuss our upcoming business meeting taking place during
convention; many items to cover see the list below. And how to get NFB
communications and information to members who do not use high tech
communication devices.

*2: When and how to get on the call

Date: Monday, March 11th

Time: 7:00 CT

Join Zoom Meeting:

 <https://zoom.us/j/97431318555?pwd=NmVpT2VhTEl4ZlczVElyZDYycDNGQT09>
https://zoom.us/j/97431318555?pwd=NmVpT2VhTEl4ZlczVElyZDYycDNGQT09

One tap mobile:

+13462487799,,97431318555#,,,,*637552#

+14086380968,,97431318555#,,,,*637552#

Dial by your location:

+1 346 248 7799

+1 408 638 0968

Meeting ID: 974 3131 8555

Passcode: 637552

*3: Agenda

-First- Come to order, do introductions, and we have our NFB Pledge; voiced
by Jo

-Second- We hold our discussion on the convention meeting:

Expand on our theme, the convention agenda reads- Come join us to explore
the circle of  life and blindness. You need us and we need you. Help us to
help you;

Find four members to lead a fit-break during general sessions;

Discuss and vote on what kind of basket to create for the convention
auction;

Discuss and vote on what we will donate for door prizes.

Lay-out what our business meeting will cover;

Convention review and new information;

If you have not yet registered for convention, or paid your dues, do so

Look at methods to get non-computer users the same digital information that
others get on a monthly basis.

--OLD BUSINESS

-Contact current and past members to join in on our call!

-Whatever else members may bring

--NEW BUSINESS

-whatever else we get from the membership

- Brags and Drags

*4: NFB Pledge:

I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation
of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

*5: Minutes from our last meeting:

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF NEBRASKA SENIOR DIVISION SECRETARY's
REPORT

Monday, February 12, 2024

The NFBN Senior Division met via Zoom on Monday, February 12, 2024.
President Robert Newman called the meeting to order at 7:00 PM CST. Members
present were: President Robert Newman, Vice President Barbara Loos,
Secretary Linda Mentink, Treasurer Cheryl Livingston, Board Member Nancy
Oltman, Dorothy Babel, Chris Boone, Bob Burns, Gina Finnell, George Fischer,
Melvin Forster, Brad Loos, Steve Senteney, and Jerry Whitlow. Guests present
were: Jo Boshart, Kathy Brahmer, Deb Mauer, Bernadette Reetz, Patti
Schonlau, Eli and Emily Sidders, Tina Kramer Terri, Dan Treffer from
Nebraska and Jameelah Camara from South Carolina.

Jerry recited our NFB Pledge. Jo will recite it next month.

Tina Kramer Terri was our guest speaker. She told us about herself and
presented the scope of her work as a teacher of access technology and her
homemade specialty candy business. She answered questions. Her email address
is  <mailto:tinakt67 at live.com> tinakt67 at live.com and her telephone number is
385-337-7042. Payments can be made by PayPal, Venmo, check or cash. Her
business name will be Tina's Treats.

Linda read the January 8, 2024, Secretary's Report. There were no additions
or corrections, so it will become a part of the permanent record of the
organization.

Cheryl reported that the balance was $5 off in the January 8, 2024,
treasurer's report. She read the corrected report and the February 12, 2024,
report. These reports will become a part of the financial record of the
organization.

State Convention. Chris reported that we are going to be using the Gering
Cobblestone Hotel as our main convention hotel. If we book by March 22, the
rate will be $104 per night with hot breakfast. After that, $123. There will
be bus transportation from Omaha to Gering along I80. The round-trip bus
fare is $75. There will be a lunch stop on Thursday. Box lunches will be
available for purchase for the trip home at $15 each. Cheryl said that
financial assistance is available. Information about these awards will be
out soon. Anyone needing assistance may contact Cheryl via email at
<mailto:treasurer at ne.nfb.org> treasurer at ne.nfb.org, or by calling
402-488-2509 or 402-889-4356. They may also contact President Richey via
email at  <mailto:president at ne.nfb.org> president at ne.nfb.org. Barbara
mentioned that we offer a financial fellowship. No one opposed our doing
this again this year. Robert mentioned that there may be financial help for
clients of the Commission. That hasn't been decided yet.

After discussion, we decided that we will have a regular meeting at
convention with no workshop. We will sell clickers again this year as our
fund-raiser. Robert and Cheryl will bring them.

There was no further business, so we adjourned at 8:43 PM CST.

Respectfully submitted,

Linda Mentink, Secretary

Treasurer's Report Senior Division

Monday ,January 8, 2024

Beginning Balance               $2005.83

Expenses

PAC for Jan                           $ 15.00

Total Expenses                                 $ 15.00

Deposits

Ending Balance                                $1990.83

Members who have paid dues as of this report

Linda Mentink

Respectfully submitted,

Cheryl Livingston, Treasurer

Treasurer's Report Senior Division

Monday February 12, 2024

Beginning Balance               $1990.83

Expenses

PAC for Feb                          $ 15.00

Deposits

Dues                                       $ 60.00

Ending Balance                                $2035.83

Members who have paid dues as of this report

Linda Mentink

Nancy Oltman

George Fischer

Dorothy Babel

Karen Lemmon

Gina Finnell

Steve Senteney

Paid by PayPal

Robert Newman

Jerry Whitlow

Barbara Loos

Brad Loos

Cheryl Livingston

(This is not reflected in the current treasurer's report but will be next
month)

Respectfully submitted,

Cheryl Livingston, Treasurer

Respectfully yours,